Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recording samples with stems isolated? Can it be done?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone, i'm finally playing around with the stems feature and finding it a lot of fun, the creative juices are flowing.

Is it possible to record samples from tracks playing in say deck A but with some stems isolated.
EG: When I record a sample with Vocals turned off, i.e only intend to capture the backing track and video, the sample is created BUT with vocals still in it...

A little confusing. Any help and guidance MUCH appreciated.

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 8:11 am
as far as I can tell you have to record the samples from the Record tab as main audio output and not from Loop Record in the loop panel

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 10:20 am
after some consulting... may be wrong.. but I've not been able to record a sample from Loop Rec with stems enabled

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 10:50 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes this is true
recording from Loop Rec VDJ will only record startpoint and endpoint and extracts a part of the track, not a real record of the playback
(the same, effects do not apply)

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 10:52 am
I works for me... Strange...
EDIT: Both samples still work as expected (with/without vocals) even after a VDJ restart, so it's not because the track is still loaded or the vocal stems is still off

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 10:52 am
Ok maybe misunderstanding
Recording from Loop Rec whatever stems are active, the tack is fully recorded, stems can still apply to the recorded sample without any problem
(other way to see : the applied stems values are not recorded)

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 11:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should record the sample including applied stems values actually (as klaus' video shows)

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 11:05 am
Old pcs are sometimes doing strange things...
have to see why, switching skin to default made audio click and reset and record working again :/
maybe computer related
record is bad when acting too fast (can't compute stem & play & apply videofx & record video sample correctly at the same time)
when stems are fully computed it is working
Edited: VDJ was experiencing a problem, not only audio reset, the whole VDJ restarted at skin switch
--- 2020/09/15 - 13:31 (6106)
[13:31] DX11 error: 334:80070005

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 11:33 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I works for me... Strange...
EDIT: Both samples still work as expected (with/without vocals) even after a VDJ restart, so it's not because the track is still loaded or the vocal stems is still off

Yeah i've just tried to replicate everything in this video EXACTLY and get the vocals in BOTH recorded samples.... FML

EDIT: I can record as expected from the MASTER OUT record feature. Just seems a really long winded way to get some decent samples.... I want it to work like Klausmogensen's 😭😭😭😭😭😭

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 12:27 pm
OK, So after mass amounts of testing i've discovered something....

MP3's can be loop recorded and the stems isolate correctly on the Sample Record feature.

MP4's you can isolate the stems in VDJ, BUT on Sample Record feature the STEMS are not Isolated....

Can anybody else test on MP4's and see if you encounter the same results? May be a known issue for the tech crew, something in my settings or even (hopefully) a very simple code fix on the next update to be rolled out????

geposted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 7:20 am
that was an easy test - all of the samples I had tried to record were from mp4 video and not audio only files. did record sample with stems applied for mp3 and won't for mp4.

geposted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 9:01 pm
that's what i got in my first tests (.mp4 only, no stem applied), after VDJ crashes mp4 are recording with stems (isolate solo or mixed levels) applied to them (as far as they are FULLY computed)
may take some times on old/slow computers (here track duration/5)

geposted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 10:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)