Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do I have to upgrade to windows 10 and run Virtual DJ 2021?
Do I have to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 and download the new version of Virtual dj 2021? I am running windows 7 now and everytime I log on the Virtual DJ 2021 pops up. Am I eventually going to have to upgrade or can I just keep operating as normal? If I can just keep going how to I get that popup box to go away? I am not very savvy with this stuff so any help is greatly appreciated.

geposted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 11:05 pm
You need Windows 10 (or macOS) for latest VirtualDJ 2021 with stems yes.

But you can keep on using VirtualDJ 2020 for now, until you are ready to update your Windows.
Try download the latest installer for 2020 here: https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
Should give 2020 as download option if you are on Windows 7. If not, use this https://www.virtualdj.com/download/pc32 instead.

That way your older version 2020 will get updated as well (excluding some updates that are only in 2021, such as stems)

After that it should update itself only, and keep staying on the 2020 version (might say 2021 in the update logs, but ignore that, the log is same for both versions now)
You can always try turn off checkUpdates in settings, but better to update manually above by downloading the latest 2020 installer,.and keep getting updates for that version (for as long as its still getting updates)

geposted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 11:30 pm
Thanks you so much for the quick reply and the help!!!

geposted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 12:41 am
i want to go back to vdi 8 is there a link to do this
i can't rely on my mac running the latest version it keeps crashing during performance when loading the next track, so bad it corrupts the sound card and i have to close and re launch......not good when trying to record a show for radio lol, its my mac im sure i love vdi

geposted Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 4:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Try to set mathEngine to disabled to see if it's the stems processing that's too demanding for your computer.

geposted Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 4:45 pm
how to install

geposted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 1:00 pm