Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Key difference check mark in color?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'd like to highlight the key difference check mark in my playlist. I have looked for the check mark in the skin xml but not found it. Any suggestions?
I am using musical key fyi. :)

Thanks

geposted Sat 09 Jan 21 @ 4:24 pm
Not entirely sure what you meant by highlight.
I guess you mean changing it, since you mentioned skin xml

Its an icon, so you would have to edit the icon file .. .
The skin xml allows you to set custom icons, so you could take the original icon matrix and just change those checkmark parts..

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20CustomIcons.html

geposted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 1:16 am
Wanted to ask for more details.

If I wanted to change the icon for a played track, I could modify this png http://www.virtualdj.com/developers/icons.png and then add that png to the Pro skin zip file ?

add/modify this line to the Pro Skin xml file .
<customicons file="mycustomicons.png" x="" y="" iconsize="64" nb="144" nbx="16"/>

If that is how its done.

Where do I find out what nb and nbx refer to and does there need to be something for x and y ?

and does that code for <customicons/> replace the one in skins xml file or does one add the additional line above, to within the xml file. Or some modification of the existing <customicons/> line?

current line in the default Pro skins xml file is
<customicons file="icons_daylight.png" nb="64" nbx="16" condition="var_equal '@$colorscheme' 2"/>

geposted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 8:19 am
Thanks, 1 step closer I think.
Does anyone know the name of the check mark ?

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 9:26 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 9:44 pm
Ok, thanks! So this means that an icon always origin either from sysicons or from .png files?

Currently trying to find the place where the icon might be in my skin xml-file. The .png :s referred to in the xml do not include that icon unfortunately.

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 10:35 pm
sysicons, think of it as premade " quick access" to icon location at internal image.
As quick select shortcut, instead of spelling out coordinates in the image file..

Only a few have such short-cuts, so you will have to use "coordinates" for most...
(nb="" nbx="" to set where the icon is in the image)

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 10:53 pm
I think I understand that. The problem is that I can't find the place where the icon is referred to in my skin. That must be necessary in order to make any adjustments or or customizations right?

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 11:09 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
You may try the image matrix "icons_Code.png" in the thread i exposed
it helps to display the position of the icon in the picture

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 11:16 pm
Thanks nicotux. I will take a look at it after I've solved the first issue :)

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 11:32 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

If I wanted to change the icon for a played track, I could modify this png http://www.virtualdj.com/developers/icons.png and then add that png to the Pro skin zip file ?

add/modify this line to the Pro Skin xml file .
<customicons file="mycustomicons.png" x="" y="" iconsize="64" nb="144" nbx="16"/>

If that is how its done.

Where do I find out what nb and nbx refer to and does there need to be something for x and y ?

You should not modify nb and nbx.
You should only modify the PNG file and include it on your skin's zip file.

The PNG file will REPLACE all the icons that appear on icons.png file
It will have NO effect on sysicons, as these are internal.

For other needs (like creating a button on a skin) you can define an icon from the PNG to use on your button.
But that's another story...

PS:
nb means how many icons exist on the file
nbx means how many icons exist in one row

So, nb=144 nxb=16 means that the file has a total of 144 icons, on a 16 icons per row table.
In other words, it means that there are 144 icons in a 16 columns x 9 rows table

geposted Tue 12 Jan 21 @ 9:47 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)