Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why would VirtualDJ suddenly create a corrupt file?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Yesterday I created a recording on VirtualDJ like I've done probably hundreds of times now, but in this one instance, I could not open the recording on my editing app or even play it on Groove Music. On the latter, I received an error message: "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4."

I did not do anything differently than I have done any of the other times I have made recordings. I could still open prior recordings on these apps, and, after making a test recording today, I had no problem opening that one on either app. It's as if VirtualDJ just randomly made a corrupt file. Since I sometimes record under time pressure, I would like to avoid a recurrence. Any thoughts as to diagnosis and/or prevention?

geposted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 6:33 pm
Could in theory be something with the computer and drive that interrupted writing to file etc..

But check if the file plays in VirtualDJ, if that works?

geposted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 6:38 pm
I tried to play it in VirtualDJ and I got an error message there as well: "Unknown file type (Failed to read frame size: Could not read to 1026.)" So I guess it did not correctly record voice and music to mp3 format?

geposted Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 3:01 pm
Sounds like some corruption happened.
But why I'm not sure...

Perhaps just try record again, and I'm sure all works well second time around

geposted Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 3:07 pm
Thank you. It does seem to be working okay again. I will chalk it up as being a one-time glitch, but I appreciate the response.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 3:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)