Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: pitchQuality 4 for improved resample quality?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

Could anyone tell me, please, the meaning of the new feature of the new beta BUILD 6332 (2021-02-25), "pitchQuality 4 for improved resample quality"?

Thanks.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 7:00 am
I can tell you a little bit at least:
You can now set pitchQuality to 4 in settings
The default is still 2, but with mater tempo enabled and when doing extreme pitch change, you can hear a quality improvements when setting it to 3

I don't know yet what you need to do to be able to tell the quality difference when setting it to 4
I assume it has something to do with changing sample rates
The description of the sampleRate setting inside VDJ is this:

So I guess it's if you use audio/video files that has one sample rate, and VDJ is setup to another sample rate, and/or your soundcard is using yet another sample rate. Then there need to be a conversion happening, and (again I assume) setting pitchQuality to 4 will improve the quality of that conversion

EDIT: I should have just waited for Adions post below - always best to get the info from the source :)

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 8:35 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It might sound slightly better at extremely slow or extremely fast speeds while scratching.
At normal speed there will be a little bit less distortion when your sound card is set to a different sample rate than the files you are playing, but I don't think it's very likely that you can actually hear the difference.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 8:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)