Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Blocked account problem only on laptop - Page: 1
Hello, ive been using Virtual DJ with a subscription for a year now, served pretty well, used on both my laptop (that i bring to parties) and my home desktop without any problems so far.
For an upcoming contest i decided to refresh windows on my laptop, and since i refreshed it i cannot longer login on my laptop to my Virtual DJ account.

Now on my desktop i can login with no issues, and a friend tried on his laptop also no issues. Ive contacted support and they suggested that its not blocked, but its showing as such on my laptop for whatever reason and that i should try 3 things:
To disable firewall and antivirus and then try to connect
To update VirtualDJ software to the latest
And to fix VirtualDJ hosts with a tool they provided.

Ive tried all three things, still doesnt work. I even wiped the drives completley, freshly installed drivers and i still get the message that my account is blocked.

Did anyone had the same issue?

My laptop is Thinkpad yoga14, windows 10x64

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 3:02 pm

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 4:46 pm
Tried already, also tried changing email, still doesnt work.

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 4:49 pm
Thats really strange...

Just for curiosity, did you copy over settings for VirtualDJ from other computer or something like that?

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 4:53 pm
No, i just refreshed windows on the laptop and since then can't connect, account blocked.
The only thing that changed between this working and not is the windows refresh. After many failed attempts i then used the not refresh but wipe drives clean option, reinstall everything i could and still the same blocked account issue.

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 5:00 pm
Still nothing. By the way i appreciate your help, its more than the customer support has helped me.

I made a new account, logged right in. Thought to myself ok ill pay a new subscription since the one on the old account is soon expiring, not many days lost. Immediatley after purchasing a subscription the new account is also blocked, (all while i can log in on my desktop on BOTH accounts now). I am honestly puzzled, i have no idea why is this happening.

Im not a tech savy but i know my way around these things and i cannot bend around the idea why would this be happening.

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:16 pm
Are you sure you deleted license.dat from BOTH locations?

:Rune, can you not remote in to his machine to see what is actually happening?

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:19 pm
lollellul wrote :

I made a new account, logged right in. Thought to myself ok ill pay a new subscription since the one on the old account is soon expiring, not many days lost. Immediatley after purchasing a subscription the new account is also blocked

What is the login at the new account?
And no worries, I will set your reply moderator level after so only you and VirtualDJ can see your reply if you dont have a login but only email at new account

Having two might help a little to see whats going on our end, if there is a common denominator

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:25 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Rune, can you not remote in to his machine to see what is actually happening?

Think the Support already did.
But if not, you can contact support here for remote access : https://www.virtualdj.com/help/

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:29 pm
@KRADCLIFFE
Yes, on desktop and laptop deleted, still can only login on desktop

@Rune
Support didnt remote machine, they only suggested the 3 things (fix hosts, update and firewall).
You mean you want my email for login on the new account?

**Now writing from the new account, if you can we can talk somewhere else, this forum posting is new to me

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:32 pm
Writing from new account works perfectly ;-)
Can see your new account easily now

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:35 pm
Not sure this is it, but worth a try. Fixed a similar issue for other user...

Copy the below ( use mouse to select all if it, then CTRL + V)
reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VirtualDJ

Open Command prompt in Windows, and paste what you copied above (CTRL+V), and see if what you pasted is exactly as above (important), and then press enter. And lastly press Y after that to complete.

After that run the full installer from website: https://www.virtualdj.com/download/
And see if that makes everything work normally..

(this is essentially same as doing a "clean install" as described here http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Clean%20Re-install%20VirtualDJ%208.html but simplified to one command instead )

If you dont know how to open Command prompt just search CMD in Windows start menu, or look in the start menu items under "Windows System" (and can use powershell as well)

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:01 pm
Still the same, tried both accounts, still blocked..

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:07 pm
lallellil wrote :
Still the same, tried both accounts, still blocked..

You did the command promt and install VirtualDJ again?

Oddly it shows you as having been logged in at both computers our end...
Can always try ignore that popup, go to License tab in the software and explicitly log out, then back in..

And try a quick restart of the computer, just in case...

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:08 pm
Yes, tried in the order you wrote, also rebooted, still the same.

Customer support answered and said to try the PING test on the live.virtualdj.com site, which i did on both the working and not working machine, got the same result on both machines 0/4 (which they explained it means its not on their end).
I cant seem to wrap my head around this: 2 machines, same PING results but one logs in the other doesnt, does this have to do with anything? Can you try remotetool to see whats going on

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:26 pm
Yeah, its something strange going on.
Just be patient, we are checking our end what could trigger such a false positive.

geposted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:30 pm
Anything new?

geposted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 10:50 pm
lollellul wrote :
Anything new?

Still double checking what it could be, hopefully sorted asap

geposted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 11:02 pm
Account blocked problem

geposted Wed 25 May 22 @ 8:12 am
I have changed laptop n now I can't inlog
Pliz unblock my account

geposted Tue 14 Nov 23 @ 9:16 am