Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules I.C. 500 - Right jogwheel slower than left
I just got the Impulse Control 500 (I love it). I tested it and the DDJ 400 and much preferred the Hercules.

Anyways...

Out of the box, the right jogwheel is slower and doesn't have as much freespin as the left. I use VDJ for everything but I also tested via DJUICED and Serato Lite (which I do not like at all). The left jog wheel does a proper backspin (scratch sens: 2.5, pitch quality 3, scratch quality: 12). The right doesn't spin the same.

I wasn't sure where to ask and I prefer this community to reddit.com/r/beatmatch. Has anybody out there had any similar issues? I can't see this being a software thing, but I've downloaded the drivers and updated Virtual DJ to the latest.

Thanks

geposted Mon 12 Apr 21 @ 5:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds mechanical, in software jogs have a global settings for sensitivity but they have per deck options for vinyl mode, so check that.
I've seen a couple of threads that the capacitive touch sensors on the jogs have issues in some cases. Seems odd that it's only one deck but similar was reported in this thread.
http://herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-hardware/032025/

geposted Mon 12 Apr 21 @ 5:50 pm

geposted Mon 12 Apr 21 @ 6:06 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
oh hang fire, it appears there's tension screws for the platters, somewhere...
[no mention anywhere in the manual] look on the underside of the unit, of if not there they're sometimes under the platters themselves.

geposted Mon 12 Apr 21 @ 7:24 pm
locodog wrote :
oh hang fire, it appears there's tension screws for the platters, somewhere...
[no mention anywhere in the manual] look on the underside of the unit, of if not there they're sometimes under the platters themselves.

Hey thanks for replying on this thread. I reached out to Hercules. They suggested leaving the controller upside down in a climate/place around 70-75 degrees F. This will melt the grease down a bit and allow you to re disperse it. They suggested spinning the right (tighter) platter very fast after it has been sitting in the heat a bit.

I tried this and it did work for a bit but the left also got looser. So it was the same ratio but overall looser. Once it got back to normal temperature, it was exactly the same as before.

I'll let you know if I figure out another way to fix it. Hercules has been super helpful so far.

geposted Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 7:19 pm