Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do I need the Pro License to use my DDJ400?
EfotekPRO InfinityMember since 2021
I have just received my DDJ400. I don't plan on playing at clubs or anything like that. It is mostly something to do at the house and potentially stream later. When I start VDJ I get a pop-up saying I need the VDJ Pro license.
Since I don't see any reason I would "rent" the program purchasing seems the way to go. The Pro Infinity for $299 or the Home Plus for $99. Since I only plan on using just this one controller and don't plan on using it for shows, only streaming, do I need the Pro plan? Also, is the Home Plus plan a lifetime plan or not?

thanks

geposted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 3:54 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
home plus is for just that model of device, the licence is yours forever but, if you get a different model or expand with an auxiliary controller the home plus becomes "useless"

smart money long term is pro infinity
pro plan is subscription music - that's your choice

geposted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 4:14 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I would go all the way to the infinity as one time purchase.
Even if you do not plan to replace the DDJ400...will not hold forever, maybe gets broken or it does no longer meet your requirements in the future.
With the infinity pro you have this topic CLOSED: Whatever controller....borrow another controller...replace whatever...never think about it anymore.
And trust me...the painfull first money shoot here is forgetten very soon.
(took me a few beers and a few hours of fun to test it out....)

geposted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 9:20 am
EfotekPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Thanks a lot for your input. After looking over all of the features I do think it will be best to go with the Pro Infinity version.....just in case.

geposted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 3:05 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Efotek wrote :
Thanks a lot for your input. After looking over all of the features I do think it will be best to go with the Pro Infinity version.....just in case.

BEST option...not "just in case".
You will not reget it just due to the fact that you WILL change the setup sooner or later....and in between you are flexible as you can use whatever comes close to you ;)

geposted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 10:29 pm