Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tidal: Unable to add song to Tidal playlist
I've been able to create a Tidal playlist through VDJ, but I am unable to add a song from Tidal to a Tidal playlist, via drag and drop. I always get the following error:

Error downloading playlist:
Code: 0 - ID:93a59b34-6aa5-427c-aa34-4a559157a857

geposted Sat 18 Sep 21 @ 5:39 pm
It's been three days. None of the devs/dev support ppl have taken a look at this?

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 12:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Where do you see this error exactly?
Tried but works fine here

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 3:41 am
It happens occasionally when adding a tidal song to a tidal playlist (drag and drop). Consistently however, the playlist never updates

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 4:06 am
Same here!

geposted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:31 pm
I can NOT reproduce the error.

To test:
1) Created a new playlist from within VDJ
2) Added tracks to it from other playlists. and from random new searches, (dragging them to the playlist) maybe 10 times each
3) Restarted VDJ
4) The newly created Tidal Playlist and all the tracks, are still there.

there are times, with Tidal, when a track that is found in search .. will not load, to play.. with an error message, like not Available. Don't know the reason for this, assume its a missing file in their database. (or maybe, streaming rights have not been granted)

Can all the files you add to your playlist.. be loaded to a deck? IE Available from Tidal.
and could it be, the track unavailable, issue causing the error, at times.

-------------------------
PS seems one must add files 1 at a time to the Tidal playlist. Selecting multiple files and dragging them to the playlist, does NOT work. (as one can do locally with Virtual Folders)

geposted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 8:15 pm
I am curious as to what the OP means by "a Tidal playlist".

If it's one created by Tidal then I'm pretty sure they're locked against users editing them.

geposted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 8:53 pm
I meant a tidal playlist that I created for myself, not a playlist curated by others.

geposted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 9:07 pm
I have not seen "OP" next to any Tidal playlist I have.. some are Tidal playlists and some are those I have created.

wonder if OP stands for "Old Playlist", as I guess wildly.. smiles
I have been a Tidal subscriber for less then a year.

And agree that one cannot modify the Tidal curated playlists.

geposted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 9:10 pm
I just ran into this as well..

You can create a Tidal playlist from within VDJ. When you check in the Tidal app or or the web player, the playlist has been created.

But from within VDJ you cannot add a Tidal track to your newly created playlist (or any other for that matter). If you drag a Tidal track from a search result to the Tidal playlist in the VDJ browser tree nothing happens.

I tested on Serato, and there you can drag a Tidal track to a Tidal playlist in the browser tree, and then see added track in Tidal's app and web player.

(MacOS, VDJ v8.5 b7032)

geposted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 9:45 am
hey Hey H E Y !!

This has been fixed in b7151. :-D

Thanks to the VDJ dev team -- the best dev team in the DJ App business!

geposted Sat 01 Oct 22 @ 11:05 am
Hi - what is b7151? I have posted about the same/ similar issue and cannot find a resolution to this?

I cant find a ref # for the post but the title is "ERROR CODE WHEN ACCESSING TIDAL SUBSCRIPTIONS"

grateful for any assistance. thanks

geposted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 8:19 am
user24259367 wrote :
Hi - what is b7151? I have posted about the same/ similar issue and cannot find a resolution to this?

I cant find a ref # for the post but the title is "ERROR CODE WHEN ACCESSING TIDAL SUBSCRIPTIONS"

grateful for any assistance. thanks

Hi, I think b7151 refers to the version? I have 2023-i b7360.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 10:15 pm

geposted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 7:17 am

geposted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 10:04 am
Hi All,

Just tried installing 8.5 b7151 over the top of the newer version. Verified that b7151 is now my current version.

Still no joy with access to Tidal playlists :(

Is there anyone who can help with this?

It has been fine until around 3 weeks ago...

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 5:14 am
Exactly what is your problem with Tidal?

This thread is about the ability to add tracks to a Tidal playlist from VDJ. I had that issue, and it was fixed in b7151. I can confirm that it still works in b7358.

To me it sounds like you have more general issues with showing ("populating" as you write) the playlists. This is probably something else.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 22 @ 1:11 pm