Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Folders still not showing after laptop transfer
Hi everyone!

I transferred a bunch of new music and virtual folders (or tried to) from my regularly used Macbook to another (my backup laptop which had VDJ on it but hadn't been used in a couple of years).

I copied over my documents/VirtualDJ folder, put it in the same folder as my backup computer's Virtual DJ folder, put all the new music files in the same folder the other mp3s were in when I last used VDJ on my old backup computer, but all the virtual folders I transferred over are still not showing up on the backup computer when I open VDJ on the backup laptop. The music is showing up, but I have to look for them in the folder where I copied them. So the folders are the most important.

Should I delete the older Virtual DJ files from previous years? I have 2 VDJ backup folders from previous years that I've used the old computer. Maybe I need to delete those and just only have one VDJ folder with the database file in it? That's the only thing I can think of as to why the new virtual folders may not be showing up. I don't want to make a grave mistake and delete things before I know for sure, but I do have a backup VDJ folder saved on my external hard drive.

I have read the articles on transferring and feel I've done everything right. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it very much!

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 4:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps VDJ doesn't have permission to read your Documents folder on your new macbook?

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 4:43 am
Thanks so much for the suggestion but I allowed permissions and just double checked it and did it again-still no folders.

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 4:57 am
Found them! What I did was: I went into my finder, searched for the actual name of one of my virtual folders, clicked get info, and found that it was buried so far back into random folders, a lot of which had the same name (ie: my multiple VDJ folders after backing up over the years), and went to the side bar in VDJ and dug through the folders according to the info from the finder, and found them all there. Whew! Thanks everyone!

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 5:10 am