Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: control Key to Force Exit Loop on "Browsing, Sorting" in the database
hi i requested long ago but figured i ask again

i noticed if i use the File Path/File Date in the display( i been told about it before too issue happens from forums)... i turn it on and off cuz if i use it too long she locks up..
sometimes i need it to know.. also happens with "File Date" as i like the "File Date" shows how new a song i have in my certain folder..

but it locks up always... takes an hour or more to unlock itself..... like you can still load music from File Explorer to the deck.. but the search and virtual folders are locked out

it be really nice.... that if it gets locked up you press "CTRL C" and it would exit out of that loop.. so say your at a gig and then your VDJ is locked up and unless you got a spare vdj running you screwed.... but it be nice a button that it Forces whatever any command is running where its that status area... this one locks up in Browsing/Sorting for more then an hour
it just be nice a feature to break it then i could turn off the File Date/File Path or whatever ones lock it up
i didnt think id have a problem i run 16gb ram and 8core cpu.. so you think computer super fast for sorting..

i figured i might re ask
i dont use them often but sometimes i do and when i do i get lucky chance it locks up and do any of the other options lock up the search too?

geposted Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 12:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it is stuck and not getting unstuck by changing folders than it means it's stuck in the operating system, so it's not possible to interrupt.

It's still very weird that it takes so long though. If it's not a network drive it should be a matter of minutes for a collection of thousands of files even on a slow hard drive.

geposted Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:39 pm
no not network drive.. usb 3.1 to enclosure 10gbps and 7200 rpm Red Pro Wd drive

before pandemic i was working the bar.. and it would lock up in the bar.. and i had to close VDJ and then force Shut down as it wouldnt always exit.. and then when i reloaded it it take forever .. or tell me my database corrupt.. cuz it was always hanging.. then found out through the forums here or tech support its the way VDJ reads file path, file date and i have a quick computer so figured it shouldnt be bogged down..

but sometimes i need to choose this feature.. at times

and no when you click a different Virtual Folder.. if you try to Type anything it doesnt help it doesnt break loop..

maybe the programers could fix it as a feature.. so when it does hang it doesnt leave you hanging

like for Ardunio they have a Delay but if something happens in the mean time as its a single process unit.. nothing can happen till the Delay is done..

but they have a routine that runs so in the single processing... its basiclly multie process.. so it doesnt get stuck

just like a endless Do Loop.. maybe its something that can be incorporated in VDJ that it can be pressed that it kills it.. or a Routine that monitors the Loop/sorting process if its taking too long a window pops up and you can cancel.. or a button that can get out of that loop

in the end when i was at bar i ended up using 2 laptops i found.. at the bar the main laptop would get stuck for 30 min before i canceled.. at home its been stuck more then a couple hours.. i have posted pics in the past.. and requested a feature to kill the process

but ya like even if they re wrote code that it cant hang that the process is monitored so if it does take too long if it doesnt get stuck in an endless loop you can simply exit out of it..

but ya no network drive and i have tried it with a 6TB Seagate Nas Pro Drive 6Tb WD Red Pro, WD 12TB Gold, 12 TB Ultrastar all 7200
ive tried them all in the same Startech enclosure. ive tried them all in my destkop machine connected to the Sata connectors so no network

they will alll hang....

ive even sent in my database file ... but it never helped finding out

but thats why i figured id re ask.. like Ardunio circuit board

here is couple links that talks about it maybe something like that can be incorportated in vdj
https://dzone.com/articles/arduino-using-millis-instead-of-delay

this link more like what i mean
https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/AvoidDelay/

so basiclly you use a millis() routine.. so typing or pressing a button or say Ctrl C could exit the routing Sorting or any of it.. its basiclly avoiding using a Do Loop loop until Sorting is done
cuz incase you wanna cancel vdj doesnt let you.. but in the millis() it allows you to be able to cancel

i use this for controling a Water pump in my home.. to turn on and off a Valve with a button.. because if i pressed the button a 2nd time.. it wouldnt turn off unless the certain amount of time was done

but its an idea.. cant hurt to ask again i guess (:

geposted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 5:04 pm
and everything else seems to work in vdj you can goto settings,, you can change the samples hit the sample button it plays.. cue up and play any song into the decks, from file from windows file explorer... it all works execept for the sorting/browsing it hangs... and your able to cue up songs that is in the current display browsing window.. so any songs there prior to the lock up of sorting/browsing is able to load in the deck and be playing.... just cant break out of the sort/browsing.. ill have to try to tkae a video and but it doesnt always happen or it happens when least expected

geposted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 5:07 pm