Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon Prime 4 and video out in the display
Hello everyone, mine is pure curiosity but also an evaluation for a future purchase. Could this be possible in some Denon Prime 4 mapping update? Thank you

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 2:25 pm
The frame rate is too slow. It's can't even manage waveforms properly.

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 2:27 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
The frame rate is too slow. It's can't even manage waveforms properly.

It seems very strange to me maybe they will have solved with the new firmware, I have seen videos with Virtual DJ where the display was very fast and the waveforms were perfect.

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 2:42 pm
It's the Denon SDK. I wouldn't expect anything new, their development is the slowest thing ever.

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 3:10 pm
Hi,
I modified the skin of the Prime 4 , so that the master video can be displayed in a small window in the upper right corner or can be maximized to use the full screen, as suggested in the first post.
I can confirm that the framerate is a bit laggy when it runs in full screen. With the small window it is fluent.

You can see this short video, I just uploaded to YouTube:

Cheers
Jochen

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 8:03 pm
Great job indeed and thank you for your video. Are you using a video track or a shader? Because if it were a shader it would have more chances to go slower than an mp4 video. Thanks again.

geposted Wed 19 Jan 22 @ 1:41 am
I used a shader for the video. But with a video some stuttering is noticeable as well.

geposted Wed 19 Jan 22 @ 8:57 am
Electronic Green Room wrote :
I used a shader for the video. But with a video some stuttering is noticeable as well.

However, it remains an excellent solution. Thank you for your time. If maybe I will buy it, will I be able to ask you for help / advice on how to do the same thing you did?

geposted Wed 19 Jan 22 @ 12:56 pm
@electronic green room ; sent tou PM

geposted Sat 29 Jan 22 @ 5:26 pm