Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Files not loading (no error) directories not searchable
Something I experienced once or twice at a gig last year, and now it's happened quite a few times this year. I'll be performing (I generally do video sets) and suddenly directories won't open, and files wont be able to be loaded into decks. directories will appear empty. Recently I started attempting to reconnect my drive when this happens, and the software just freezes. So I have to restart VDJ in the middle of being live, which is EXTREMELY unfortunate to happen EVER let alone, more than once (tho thankfully not in the same night, so far) Anyone else experiencing this? I use VDJ and a HP windows notebook.

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 8:51 pm
Are you using an external hard drive ?
Usually those are symptoms of a drive going gradually bad.
I would take an immediate backup of the drive contents and then run all sort of diagnostic tools against it to make sure that there's not anything wrong with it.

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 10:46 pm
It's an external drive, but its fairly new, but it has no other issues, and its only happening on my gig laptop, never when I'm mixing at home on a different machine.

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 11:03 pm
I should add the drive is completely searchable via windows explorer, just not within VDJ.

geposted Wed 25 May 22 @ 12:54 am
Still, the behavior you describe immplies an issue with the drive itself (or it's connection to your PC)
Even if the drive is not failing, if it looses connection "momentarily" with the OS, bad things can (and will) happen.

geposted Wed 25 May 22 @ 8:01 am
So, new drive, different port, same issue occurred last night. Had to stop the software and reset it with an hour left of my video set. Extremely frustrating.

geposted Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 7:44 pm
Same "gig laptop"? Still OK when used on another computer at home?

geposted Sat 10 Sep 22 @ 4:20 pm
different laptop and external drive. it happens likes once a night now. just happened again after my first song.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 11:07 pm