Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Option to specify what GPU is used to compute Stems.
WarneD1PRO InfinityMember since 2021
I am a DJ who participates and runs virtual raves in VRCHAT. I use OBS Studio to stream the sets and visuals to the club world I am performing in. I am running into an issue that when I load a new track that VDJ hits the GPU so hard that it will tank my VR Experience, and also cause my stream to lag since it is overloading the video encoder.

I wonder if you could implement a setting/option to tell VDJ what GPU to use so it will divert the stems load from my main GPU to a secondary one. Similar to the "skinUseLowPowerGPU" in the performance options.

My current system specs are:
CPU: 12700kf
GPU 0: RTX 3080 Ti
GPU 1: GTX 1070

Until this issue has been resolved I am using the reduced quality stems but I really do want to use the full quality ones.

I have also tried the CPU only stems, and it causes more problems since it uses 100% of all 16 P-Cores and all 4 E-Cores.

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 6:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Doesn't skinUseLowPowerGPU work for you already? With low power the stems would be on a different gpu already

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 6:41 pm
Adion wrote :
Doesn't skinUseLowPowerGPU work for you already? With low power the stems would be on a different gpu already

You think it would work like that, but with testing, only the GUI elements of VDJ are loaded on the low power GPU and not the main GPU when that setting is chosen.

If you watch the resource manager in windows when VDJ computes the stems the low power GPU stays at the same usage, where the main/high power GPU spikes the usage.

geposted Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 2:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you then stream from vdj, that should also use the low power gpu. (Or if you want to use OBS, you could set OBS to use the low power gpu as well)

geposted Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 7:27 am
This sounds like the issue I ran into, where stem analysing makes the video output stutter (8GB RTX3070).

It was suggested that I use the low power integrated GPU for the video output, which did stop the stuttering from stems analysis but then some of the graphics input from Resolume made it stutter, so it really wasn't a solution.

geposted Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 10:46 am
WarneD1 wrote :
I am a DJ who participates and runs virtual raves in VRCHAT. I use OBS Studio to stream the sets and visuals to the club world I am performing in. I am running into an issue that when I load a new track that VDJ hits the GPU so hard that it will tank my VR Experience, and also cause my stream to lag since it is overloading the video encoder.

I wonder if you could implement a setting/option to tell VDJ what GPU to use so it will divert the stems load from my main GPU to a secondary one. Similar to the "skinUseLowPowerGPU" in the performance options.

My current system specs are:
CPU: 12700kf
GPU 0: RTX 3080 Ti
GPU 1: GTX 1070

Until this issue has been resolved I am using the reduced quality stems but I really do want to use the full quality ones.

I have also tried the CPU only stems, and it causes more problems since it uses 100% of all 16 P-Cores and all 4 E-Cores.

Having slightly different issues for the same reason, it won't use my discrete GPU only the integrated one because it has like a tiny bit more vram than the Nvidia card.

We REALLY need this feature.

geposted Sat 14 Jan 23 @ 9:13 pm
Bump

geposted Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 4:00 am
I am not sure when this happened but I was poking around the performance settings for version 'v2023 b7544' and I see the option and it works as intended.

Thanks again for your amazing work Virtual DJ devs.

geposted Tue 09 May 23 @ 12:28 am