Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: a filter to remove crowd noise

i think it would be a very useful feature to isolate crowd noise in the same way we can isolate vocals, instruments, bass, percussion and so on in a song.

sometimes there are good live versions of songs, but the crowd noise would make it almost unplayable, would be good to be able to turn it down a bit, or off.
also sometimes bands release pseudo live recordings, which are really just studio recordings with crowd mixed into it... it would expand our options a lot as DJs if we could filter it back out.

geposted Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 1:15 am
I imagine that crowd noise would be too random for the AI to understand.

geposted Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 8:59 am
groovindj wrote :
I imagine that crowd noise would be too random for the AI to understand.

i dont know about that,i mean crowd noise is generally quite recognisable, to me anyways.... i wonder if enough data was fed into it, would it be able to eventually understand what crowd noise is?

I have used VDJ to remove traffic noise from an interview i filmed , i basically isolated the vocal and everything else was removed, a subtractive approach....using the ai to keep all that is recognisable and removing the rest. unfortunately though, VDJ currently seems to think of the crowd noise as an instrument, from what i can tell.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 12:46 am
Do a Google search for white noise for a better understanding of why crowd noise would be difficult to remove.

Both white noise and random crowd noise she has some very similar properties covering a very wide cross-section of the frequency spectrum end randomness.
You can't remove white noise from a recording completely. White noise by definition lives all across the frequency spectrum, and can't be distinguished from signal where they both exist. This would be the problem that you’d run across. You would probably be better off importing the stems into a DAW and try to work the magic that way as well as minimize parts of the track where the applied in crowd noise could be heard.

geposted Sun 05 Mar 23 @ 1:09 pm