Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Import CSV, Spotify Playlists and others to a Cloudlist
The issue with importing playlists is that they will never match with your own media collection/library.

But if the titles and artists could be imported to a private Cloudlist, then each entry becomes a search in VDJ allowing you to then quickly prep the actual playlist/folder or simply use from the Cloudlist on the night.

This would mean any list where you can extract title/artist is instantly convertible and available in VDJ.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 4:39 pm
Absolutley agree, any thing over the manual entry of every track would be an improvement!

It doesn't really matter if it's m3u, plain text, tidal playlist, any form of auto import would be good!

geposted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 2:23 pm
Did you guys ever notice this in Build 7151?

I instantly thought it would be very handy for those doing weddings and receiving playlists from the B&G.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 5:36 pm
No never saw that, but noe have to try it...

geposted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 9:59 pm
I haven't tried it yet, but, if it works it could be a game-changer. :-)

geposted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 10:13 pm
Yeah wel...

It only works if the file format is: Artist - Title

These don't work: Artist, Title or Arist<tab>Title

Nor does it work if you reverse the title artist.

Also, it seems to randomly selects matching songs from your library. Discounts things like most played, most recently played, but rate and so on.

Hense why I think either a Cloudlist or a Local Search List (another wishlist idea) would be better.

By all means extract the title and artist, but make them searches and not match songs.

That way when we do click on it, we can decide which version, mix to play...

geposted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 10:19 pm
It's a shame, it looked promising. I've just tried and haven't been as successful as you.

I was more successful at remembering I'd seen it in the EA last September. 😂

As you were.😊

geposted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 10:41 pm
I did a video on it when it was added
]

geposted Sat 22 Apr 23 @ 3:24 am
Thank you all, was not aware of this awesome feature.

Once again VDJ is amazing !

And thank you Klaus for the great video. PRICELESS !

If only there was a settings, option, to allow (toggle) the format to be Title - Artist, since that is more likely be the format that someone hands you their wedding/fav list.

Making the feature even easier/faster to use.

geposted Sat 22 Apr 23 @ 3:26 pm
Ha, thank you. It stuck in my memory and I thought that could be a handy feature.

It may need a little more work to make it more flexible in the text format. Still a great feature. I used to have a Hotel residency for several years and consequently loads of weddings that seem to create playlists. I did over 300 weddings and I would say about 70-80% created a playlist for the DJ.

Thinking outside the box, "iPhones have a built-in feature called "Live Text" that allows users to extract text from a photo and convert it into editable text.". You can see where I'm going with this.......... :-)

After watching Klaus' video I think I need to give it another try. I don't do weddings now, but, it would be interesting to see it work. :-)

geposted Sun 23 Apr 23 @ 10:46 am
Just been looking at the format of a Cloudlist XML file - very easy to replicate.

I could easily write a parser for various different playlist (Spotify, Tidal, m3u) and text files - even excel spreadsheets and create a cloudlist.

The only issue is the file name/ID. I'm 99.9% certain this is generated by the software itself when you create one locally in VDJ, and also when you create one online.

If there was an API I could call to register a new Cloudlist, then I'd start a project to give this a go.

In fact, I might start the project anyway, and hope an API comes along or I could reverse engineer the Create Cloudlist service, which appears to assign the ID prior to the form being submitted and has the ID in the path of the URI...

geposted Sun 23 Apr 23 @ 11:50 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you copy playlist in the format is: Artist - Title. It does not save in the order as input from text.

geposted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 7:45 pm