Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Broadcast To More Than One Station At Same Time
One day soon im wishing and hoping we would be able to broadcast to more than one station at same time instead of broadcasting to just one station at a time.

geposted Thu 27 Apr 23 @ 3:20 pm
It's generally a bad idea to do it directly from the laptop/software, because your local upload speed through a private internet connection will usually become a bottleneck that cause dropouts - even when it's listed to be more than fast enough
It's generally a better idea to use a middleman for it
I did a video on it a while back

geposted Thu 27 Apr 23 @ 5:20 pm

geposted Thu 27 Apr 23 @ 7:09 pm
+1

I really do not feel I need this feature often, but seems like it could be an added benefit for those who need it. Say to do a live show on multiple radio stations, etc.

My only need, was once testing 3 different shoutcast server services, I needed to use Mixxx to broadcast to all 3 at the same time so I could quickly switch between the broadcasts to evaluate. Otherwise I have not needed this feature.

PS
And I have never had an issue with dropouts. I have in past even hosted a shoutcast server for all the streams listened too with no dropout issues. (was audio only, maybe could be different with video streaming)
(note: running a shoutcast server is not really necessary, when streaming services are so inexpensive and reliable)

PSS:
There are only 2 features of Mixxx DJ software that I could find useful.

1) Is that one can enter any number of broadcast setups, and once done if the check box for that setup is checked. When the Broadcast is started, it broadcasts to each of the check-boxed servers.

2) Is that if a track is selected in the browser, that all the Virtual folders that contain that track change to a BOLD font. Making easy to know which folders you have added that track.

Don't get me wrong .. I LOVE love LOVE ...VDJ . the BEST DJ software ever ! !.... and only wish that VDJ could incorporate the few features (or improve them, as VDJ always does) the rare useful features of other DJ software.

The Goal:
Making VDJ even more amazing ! !

geposted Thu 27 Apr 23 @ 10:20 pm