Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Missing Beats with master tempo on [Possible idea to fix it]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

borisHome userMember since 0000
I know from personally using atomix that with master tempo turned on, the songs sound [definately with dance/techno] like its missing beats at times. I know when you turn it off that it doesn't miss any beats. Anyways, After reading a previous poster message that the reason for that was because for every 10 frames of music it cuts out 1. [depends on how much you speed it up]. Anyways, If that is the case, then atomix's music frame buffers are too big. If the buffer holds too much mp3 data and you cut that frame, then that frame could be that missing beat. Now lets say if you made the music buffer smaller and you use the same algorithem as above[cutting ever 1 frame from 10], then when it cuts the music frame, the beat won't be as noticeably cut as before. Just an idea. :)

geposted Fri 16 Mar 01 @ 3:06 am
blah.. the idea of master tempo isn't to cut anything. I can't see how the development team don't know that already.

The correct technique is called "key correction". Consumes more CPU than just cutting data in and out of course but this is used in dj hardware and is known to work perfectly.

I'm not sure about the spesifics, but i'm sure it works about like this:
You have the pitch work "normally" like currently master tempo turned off. With key correction enabled it changes the key to what it is when you have pitch at 0% ..
Even better is if you can manually set the key yourself after it's fixed. Or just add a second slider this.

geposted Sat 14 Apr 01 @ 12:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)