Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone tried any of the Audigy cards with AtomixMP3?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm thinking about buying a Sound Blaster Audigy Player card, which looks cool on the paper but I'm wondering if anyone have this card, and if so, how does it work out with AtomixMP3?

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 11:17 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi There

I am running both the audigy and sblive5.1 cards together on windows 2000 os and they work fine.

I did have major problems with both the above when i tried to run them individually and use the 3d with headphone monitoring configuration.

In both instances the cracking, clicking and popping made it fairly unusable and i had to go back to using the standard configuration which gives no monitoring but sounds fine.

But mixing without monitoring is very hit and miss !!

I have posted the problems on the forum and hopefully this problem will be resolved in the next update.

My advise... If you can afford it get to sblive5.1 cards.. the sound quality is as good as the audigy and the price has dropped right down so you can get two for the price of the Audigy.

Hope this helps

STU

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 1:50 am
Stuxx is right...Often, in out, I hear a lot of cracks, pops...Bleah...But isn't normal...I close and re-open Atomix and there isn't any problem...Boh...

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 10:14 am
Like said here, and like said by me before.. there's nothing wrong with windows or peoples setups, atomixmp3 sound & window handling is (insert adjective here) coding. Stephen Clavel clearly is brilliant what comes to implementing low pass filtering and beat matching in computers, but when it comes down to directx programming, he's just the average shareware programmer. This program really need some pro directx programmer.. or maybe port it to beos & mac where programming those things is a lot easier.

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 2:44 pm
BUT _anyone_ can learn.. eventually! gotta remember that IDsoftware once released Doom etc as shareware, but then again that didn't use directx! Maybe microsoft only gives working SDK's with proper tech info and updates to those who subscribe to MSDN with big bucks..

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 2:47 pm
BeOs ? Isn't it dead after having been bought by Palm ?

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 6:52 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
You may have problems if you're under WinXP. Several users experimented it!

Adrien

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 7:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)