Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What I have to do????

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Laptop Packard-Bell Croma
PIII 933 Mhz
128 Mb Ram
OS Windows 98 S.E. (NO direct-x upgrade)

Upgrade to Windows ME?????
YES or NO????

Thanks!!!

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 11:02 am
No need to upgrade to WinMe because Win98 is far more stable than WinME (which has a lot of bugs concerning memory management and this isn ot good of if you want to use your laptop for a gig for about 8 hours!!!)
Just get the latest direct-x avaible for win98 and that will do just fine ...
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 11:53 am
RosterHome userMember since 2001
Which OS is the best for the atomix?

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 12:03 pm
No win ME!!!You should to install win 2000!!!Win 2000 works with system ram, and it's more stable than win ME (I say that because I have tried both operating systems, and win 2000 is better...),and upgrade your direct x!

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 12:24 pm
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
I would say, go for Windows XP. I've upgraded to XP and everything runs soooo smooooth. Just make sure you have the drivers for all of your stuff available for WinXP.

DJ Omni
http://www.productionsomni.com

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 2:45 pm
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
I use Win ME on my Laptop (Toshiba PIII 800, 256 Mb Ram). NEVER had a problem with Atomix. I like ME more than 98.

D.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 3:06 pm
XP is supposed to be very nice, but it will require many patches to work with your old software. You should use win98 until there are more patches for xp.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 7:47 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
P3 450I other softs. Make shure you always get XP drivers of all your devices before you upgrade!! XP is alsto loads more stable than win 98 (I had 98 before I installed XP). On 98, my PC crashed every 20 minutes (ok, it was my fault, I was doing some stupid pointer-operations in C all the time it crashed ;-)), but serious now, XP works loads faster and smoother than 98 (on a P3 450 256 RAM). It also looks better with Atomix ;-)

Greetz, ikke

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 7:56 pm

heh, dont go for winXP...it's win2000 in a user-friendly shell...you'll go crazy after some time... there are also many unwanted features, ie, winXP limits your internet bandwidth to 80% etc (this can be fixed, but it still sux)

WIN2000!

geposted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:02 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I run XP and my bandwidth is not limited. I also don´t need patches, but maybe for some games you´ll need them.

geposted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 8:17 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)