Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How I got CD's to work

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Forgive me if others have posted, but since there's no search on this message board, it's hard to tell:)

I'm running XP, and I assume the same goes with Windows 2000.

Open the device manager, and right-click on the CD-ROM, and select properties. On the Properties tab, I had to uncheck the "Enable Digital CD Audio for this CD-ROM device", and I could use my CD's like any MP3 file on my system with AtomixMP3 2.1.

No reboot was required (on XP at least)

geposted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 9:59 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Thanks a lot I hope it'll help many users !

geposted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 10:09 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Dams, now you are a voluntary teamer!!! ja ja ja
You changed your category!

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 5:19 am
djspicHome userMember since 2002
I'm running windows 98 second edition, and I tried that method through device manager but its different,,can somebody help me??

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 7:56 pm
In win98:

Open the Control Panel (Start-Settings-Control Panel) and doubleclick the "System" icon.
Go to the "Device Manager" tab. Click on the (+) icon before the text saying "CD-Rom" and rightclick the name of your CD player. Now you can uncheck the option.

Greetz, ikke

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:09 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Damn, forgat to login.

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:10 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Under Win Me I tried to uncheck "Enable Digital CD Audio for this CD-ROM device" but the box is grey - any idea ?

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:31 pm
I have win98 the second edition,, I already tried going into device manager,,highlighted my cdplayer,,,and went into properties and into settings,,the only thing there that was checked are: auto insert notification,,and disconnect. so can anyone help me..and I also like to mention that my cd plays fine in realplayer or winamp??

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:42 pm
Some CD-ROM drives (mainly older ones) do not support digital playback, and it is also not recommended on slower systems (~200MHZ etc), so it's possible that this option may not be available when using some types of CD-ROM drivers. Unfortunately I can't get the Atomix CD audio playback to work no matter whether or not I have the digital audio checkbox checked :( Media player etc will play CD's fine either way.

Cheers...
Swift

geposted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 11:48 am
I still can't get my cd's to work and my system is not old,,its at least 455mhz,,win98 second edition???Please help!!!

geposted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 7:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)