Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: a way to prevent accidentally using the pause-button?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Call me stupid, but it has happened to me a few times that i have accidentally used the play/pause button on a song that was playing (yes, to the ears of a 300-man audience).
How come? Simple: i was looping a really nice loop, and instead of clicking the appropriate button to un-loop it, i had the intuition to hit the play/pause button. I thought: i want to go from loop-mode to regular play-mode, so what is more logical than hitting 'play/pause'?!
Wrong, of course, instead of going to regular play, it goes to a pause.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?
Through the skin, shortcuts, ....

Or do i just simply have to be (even) more alert when performing?!

arie
PS: did i mention i LOVE the 2.1 version?!!!!!!!
No?
Well, i must say: i LOVE 2.1 !!!

geposted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 7:52 pm
The solution is to get used to using the shortcuts for the loops, so you don't mess with other controls.

geposted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 8:05 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL

geposted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 9:33 am
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
in front of 300 people that must have sucked!!
bad enough when you are on your own doing a mix - doh!

geposted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 11:22 am
The WORST is when you are doing a live recording and screw up majorly right at the end of the mix !

geposted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 5:03 pm
dj-ing is all about experience... I can tell you are a rookie dj... If you are an experienced dj, you can find the unloop button with your eyes closed controlling the mouse with your feet. PRACTICE!

p.s. i am a rookie dj too, but i'm working on it

geposted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 10:50 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I will practice all night long!

geposted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 5:21 am
Sure, I *AM* kind of a rookie.
Especially with all the great new features in atomix, I agree that with time I will not make this mistake anymore. It's mostly a matter of getting used to all the controls.

Still, it would be nice if someone came up with an idea to make atomix "fool-proof" in this regard. I mean: accidentally hitting the pause-button.

arie

geposted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 11:57 am
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
hey i'm suprised nobody mentioned this, but you can of course customise your shortcuts... eg. change the loop shortcuts

geposted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 9:23 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)