Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: I'm back on track... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

..my new skin might even get finished sometime soon...
however, I want it to be 100% right at once so I don't have to make remakes of it later.. I could and would but I prefer to make it right the first time over.

Feedback is wanted and my work in progress can be seen on my own FTP as stated in http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?forum=6&topic=930

Have a look at it and tell me what you think...

I've got to get some sleep now.. been awake most of the weekend and I have to get up to work in about 6 hrs.

Peace!

/T2T

[PS]
A few remarks on the latest test-renders:
* The pink'ish light-cones will be interlaced beattaps, I know they look shitty at the moment but just wait and see :o)

* That blueish ACTIVE-thing was something I just started tonight.. not even near finished.

* The missing text on the last test-render is due to some problematic polygons that sort of f**k up the newly added surfaces between the buttons.. these surfaces (and button-holes) will probably be re-done from scratch, no biggie, I'll do that in a few minutes.
[/PS]

geposted Mon 13 May 02 @ 12:20 am
[PS 2]
For those of you who don't feel like reading that old post can go directly to ftp://atomix-skin-project@2tall.no-ip.info
[/PS 2]

geposted Mon 13 May 02 @ 12:23 am
Come on!!!
Please gimme some feedback :o)

I know that the adress above has been accessed about 100 times since I first posted it here and still no-one has said a word about it... well, OK.. someone said it was a bit out of the ordinary (not sure if that is good or bad) but I haven't got one word of constructive advice/critisism...

I'm out of ideas here so I need your help people! :o)

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 9:50 am
were too lazy.

Also .. why can't you just write everything in one post. Its funny how you always write 4 in a row !

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 4:42 pm
You're either skining, working, sleeping or boosing.

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 4:43 pm
I like the 2-D look on the skin !!!!!!

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 4:43 pm
You're connection is way too slow. Are you running @ 14.4 ?

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 4:44 pm
see what i mean =)

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 4:44 pm
It looks good but a more proffesional look would be nice ... ;-)
Keep up the good work ...
Greetz

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 5:20 pm
No.. it's just me accessing your ftp-address 95 times... :)

Okay.. now I'm trying to remember how it looks like again.
I guess my wish would have to be a background texture instead of just having a black color. I have for example a metal-surface fetish.... LOL

i'll get back to you

-jim

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 6:06 pm
@trip: sorry mate, I guess my mind is to messed up by all those sleepless nights in front of my PC, I always get a few extra ideas right after I've pressed "Post"... :o)
I'm at work all day and manage to squeeze in a few minutes of forum-browsing every now and then and when I'm at home I get stuck with the skin most of the time so that's why I just drop in a bunch of posts here and there.

..and as for the 2D-skin that's just my "crash test dummie" that I use for skinning experiments.. I might just get around to making 640x480 and 800x600 versions of that awful thing just as I said I would :o)
("not even close to the real thing" = "I really think this version sucks but might make a pure 2D (/XP inspired) skinof it anyway")

@T-bone: "proffesional" in what way? Gimme a hint of the right direction to take this thing at it might just turn out to go that way..

@jim: The black parts will disappear, they're merely the backdrop of the render-engine as I haven't made any polys between and around all the objects.. The grey areas will be joined into one big surface and I'll even try to make a nice, smooth rounded border around the whole thing, maybe even make the part with the sliders stand out on some sort of beveled mixer-section (just as if it was a replaceable section)...
As for the grey stuff I'll probably aim the final surface towards the brushed aluminium-surface found on the metal-pieces of MD/floppy-disks... Umm.. kinda like your Silver skin really.. *blushes and feels like a low-down copycat* :o)

Does the general design look usable and comfortable to work with?
I know it's hard to give an oppinion just from a half-ready interface but does the general spread and size of things look OK etc etc?

Right.. I'll be starting the ol' 3D-modeler now and will be spellbound by it for an hour or so but any kind of ideas for changes or improvements are welcome and I'll be sure to keep an eye on the forum :o)

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 7:27 pm
Okay.. now I'm looking at the atomixproject-bmp.

I like your layout... it is very organized and easy to get familiar with.

I do have one suggestion. I don't know if it is worth mentioning, but when looking at the song-position-slider... it seems dangerously close to the rhythm-window, which could be a problem if your mouse-precision is affected during extremely stressful mixing (scratch-function enabled). If one is jumping in a song, this song is usually the active one, then it should not matter if you accidently click on the rhythm-window with the left mouse button. But if you're right-clicking, to temporarily go to a song position, you might accidently scratch the inactive song.
This is being extremely picky... Since you asked for some input I thought I had to find something. LOL

Good job so far....

- Jim Nordic
Mr. "Leaving the US in 1.5 weeks..." Soon I'll be singing:

"øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, øl, ØL! I kjøleskapet hjemme er det øl, ØL, ØL, ØL, ØL, ØL, ØL ,ØL,ØL, ØØØØØL !!!! "
(ØL = Beer)
beer song by Jokke & Valentinerne - "ØL"

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 7:48 pm
I'll have that in mind... maybe I should change places with the songpos-sliders and the titel/artist-fields so that there's a little more space between them..
This is the kind of stuff I was asking for, thanx mate :o)

Hehehe.. are you implying that they don't have any beer worth drinking over there? :o)
In that case I kinda agree with you, there's no beer quite like Scandinavian beer :o)

geposted Thu 16 May 02 @ 9:19 am
And belgian beer of course! ;-)

geposted Thu 16 May 02 @ 2:50 pm
I'm not too sure about that one... Hmm.. Heineken, is that belgian? I have a hunch that it's Dutch but that's my backup-plan when it comes to beer:
1) any Scandinavian beer
2) Heineken
3) fugg it.. gimme five pints of stout :o)

geposted Thu 16 May 02 @ 4:18 pm
1) Molson Canadian
2) Moosehead
3) Labatt Blue

geposted Fri 17 May 02 @ 12:27 am
They do have some good beer.
I like Rolling Rock, red dog, and even Miller.

But what I like best is irish potato ale...
And something else you guys should try, If you ever come across it..... is "Blue Moon". That's some tasty ale...

- Jim

By the way... I saw Episode II today...
Great effects (+)
Good story (+)
Lame dialogue (-) (listen to this one... "I'm tormented by the kiss you should not have given me..." or something like that.)

But Yoda kicks ass :

geposted Fri 17 May 02 @ 8:20 am
Heineken is Dutsch ... and as we say in Belgium, it's f**** close to water ... :-p

1)Jupiler
2)Stella-Artois
3)Safir
4)Leffe
5)Duvel
6)Kasteelbier
7)Kwak
8)Chimay
9)Lindemans Kriek
10)Rodenbach
11) and so on ... and so on ...
Belgian is simply the best ... ;-)
ask Michael Jackson (not the "look my nose is fake" artist!!!) ...
greetz

geposted Fri 17 May 02 @ 11:18 am
hackeHome userMember since 2002
Whats about german beer? Heineken is from Netherlands, like all goood things! The best of all normal beers is "Königs Pilsener", from germany, i think.

A very very very delicious beer is "Desperados"! Beer with tequila. Damn, Im at work right now... very delicious...

ciao

hacke

geposted Fri 17 May 02 @ 11:38 am
Try Belgian beer and you'll never drink heineken again,
beer from the nederlands is nearly the same as water ... :-)
my opinion,
Greetz,
T-Bone

geposted Sat 18 May 02 @ 1:12 pm
91%