Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: i'm getting a irritating noise with my mixer!!!!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

please help,

when i'm using my atomixmp3 after a few minutes i keep getting a static noise.
let me explain:
i listen to trance music so i use the mixer for mixing trance music. in trance music they have a
beat then there is a down time (eg. melodies, chants, pianos, etc..). during that down time
i can here a static noise that is DRIVING ME INSANE! aswell when i'm recording my mix and i go to playback i can here this noise. here's the catch, when i just listen to a song that i just downloaded and i play it back through another player there is no static noise, but when i loaded into atomixmp3 and start to mix this static noise appears.
what am i doing wrong, i've updated my SB live drivers ,i've installed direct x 8.0.
my master tempo needs to be disabled because when enabled it just lags and sounds choppy.

please help me because this is really upsetting beacuse i've purchased something and the quality is not good or i'm doing something wrong.

thank you,
showtime

geposted Sat 10 Mar 01 @ 3:27 pm
RiscHome userMember since 2003
Make sure you reset the pitch of the song back to 0 (100%) after mixing into it, this way playback is direct to your soundcard and there will be no alterations in quality.

-= R ! S C =-
Team Atomix

geposted Sat 10 Mar 01 @ 4:40 pm
....but I don't want my set to keep changing tempo - a good DJ does not change the pitch of each tune during his/her set - that would sound awful.
Please can we have improved sound quality with v1.13?

geposted Sun 11 Mar 01 @ 11:19 pm
Hi,

I think I know what you mean.
Do you use your external mixer with atomix?
If you only hear the sound when you play a song through your mixer, you should look after the gain and master volume and try to change these (setting them to a lower value), cause then the problem's on your mixer.
I had the same thing going on with my old mixer.
When I turned the master volume too high, it started making weird noises. So, set the master to a lower value, and set your amplifier (if you have one) to a higher value.
That's what happened with me. After doing so, the sound disappeard.

Maybe you have a sampler on your mixer, cause these cause lots of interference.

Hope it helps you.

geposted Mon 12 Mar 01 @ 6:06 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
try to switch in HARD MODE!

geposted Tue 13 Mar 01 @ 3:49 pm
Hi guys, although some of the solutions described above might partially work. I think it will be better if you use a good ground cable from your mixer to your PC case. It works the same as grounding the turntable to your mixer to eliminate the static sound.
The same happened to me and that’s how I eliminated the problem.

Hope this help
Abel

geposted Mon 26 Mar 01 @ 10:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)