Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: There's got to be something wrong with me...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

...I've got a half-finished skin on my private harddrive (currently reciding in a antistatic-bag in my top drawer at home) and now I have a half-finished ..or..well.. not really that close to finished but the BASE for a new effect-plugin.

I have actually managed to copy'n'paste from different sourcecodes (cut.cpp, flanger.cpp and a lot of stuff from dspGuru.com :) and it gets compiled to a functioning DLL...
BUT I either get a LOT of static or total silence when I'm actually trying to make a filter (an obviously buggy implementation of a FIR, tried to achieve highpass and bandpass with no sucess).

It'd be nice if I could just get a few pointers on what I'm doing wrong but right now I have no way of posting to a public FTP or anything... :(

geposted Fri 20 Dec 02 @ 8:46 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Dunno if I can help you with the programming part of your problem (I'm out of C(++) at the moment...), but maybe I can help you on the side of the algorithms you use: try www.musicdsp.org instead of dspguru. The algos over there are more music-related.
For the prob with your FIR filter: how about your filter coefficients? They should be inside the unit circle of the Z-plane (or am I mixing things up with the IIR filters? Jeez it's such a long time ago LOL).

I hope you'll get out! Maybe you could send some parts of your source code to Corpse or me or whoever you want to, so he/she could get you out? I did this some times with Corpse and he got me out of trouble almost every time ;)
People should help each other, you know?

Greetz, Ikke

PS Merry christmas (or am I too early ;)?)

geposted Sat 21 Dec 02 @ 12:01 pm
Tommy,

You can send me your source code file (cpp) and I'll take a look at it to see whether I can find the reason for that.

If you can include the material you use from DSP guru I can more easily see what changes you've made to the original code and where possibly you might need to make some changes.

dj.corpse@xn3ct.be

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

geposted Sat 21 Dec 02 @ 1:26 pm
Yikes!!
Dare I show my incompetent scrabblings to The Man! :)
I'll give you a good laugh once I get home and sort out all those trial-and-error comments :)

ikke: I figured you had cut down since the last thing I heard was that you didn't do plugins "officially" or something like that..
I :think: my coeffs are within the circle(yes, that FIR, not IIR you're thinking of :) but then again.. the only tests I passed at university was a couple of programming-labs and oral exam.. failed terribly at math :)

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 3:29 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Tommy please purchase the full version and upload your plugins, rather than putting them on another server.

geposted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 4:37 pm
I will Dams, but the plugins are noooo way near finished so I was just asking for a bit of help to get on the right track :)

I think Atomix is a very cool application and even though I'm not going to use it in public I will buy it, I'm 100% sure of that :)

geposted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 11:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)