Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Reggae/Dancehall virtual djs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Anyone here play reggae/dancehall music? I play mostly reggae, dancehall, hip hop/r&b, soul, disco, soca and other genre. If there is anyone else here playing reggae/dancehall, where are you located and what do you use to control vdj? I am in Jamaica, W.I. and i use the Mk2 and a usb number pad for triggering samples (soun di big ting dem).

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 4:24 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I play Dancehall Reggae, Hip Hop, R&B mostly.

I am in Washington D.C. but I am from N.Y.C. 2nd generation from Trinidad.

I use timecoded vynal to control VDJ.

Where do u get your samples??? They are hard to find here. The laser, air horn, stonelove samples, just fx in general are hard to find.

I play on Virtual DJ Radio. You can look on the schedule and see when I'll do a dancehall set.

Respect...
DJ CITY

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 5:25 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@djcity : I you have an audio editing program it is pretty easy to make your own samples. That what i did. I got the stonelove sample and the lazer from one of there cd's where there no talking and music in the background. I also made a bunch of other samples from the artists intro's when there is no music in the background ex: bounty - eh yo, capleton - more fire , determine - boosmite.. ge me de light - Sean Paul etc..

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 5:38 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That is my problem...No editing software.

I don't know which to get and I don't know how to use it.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 5:51 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There are few free one's on the net but i use audcity ---> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It not that difficult, if you can figure your way around vdj u can use editing software.

Here's a general overview :
Just basic drag a song you want the sample from into the editor and you will see the line graph/bar representing the song.
1.) hightlght the portion of the song you want for your sample and then copy(ctrl-c) that segment of the song .
2. Go to new to create new file
3. Paste(ctrl-v) into the new file
4. Save the new file/ your sample.
5. Done.

You may want to make copy of the orginal file first before you try to edit until you perfected the techinque..

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 6:35 pm
Nuff respect for your responses.

I create most of my effects and jingles myself using sound forge and fl studio. I also have friends in the business who share with their effects with me from time to time.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 7:16 pm
yeah man-

i play reggae and hip hop but mostly reggae i am in winnipeg canada but i am from jamaica been here since 2004 and we have a jamaica hall (like a night club but look like a jamaican dance hall place dark just like jamaica dance dem) and i play there quite often. and i have a friend send my dvd's wit all di new riddim dem, but what i want to know is where i can get some reggae videos to buy

link me up carryshel and we can talk email me if you want

summerbounceentertainment@hotmail.com
or trinityboyz@hotmail.com

yeah man (a wah yuh a seh man)

geposted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 3:40 pm
Bless up Squeezeeye,

Mi nuh play video right ya now still but mi can check it out fi yu. I will update you if I find anything.

Ryan

geposted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 4:25 pm
Ay Yo

i also play dancehall and reggae and a some hip hop and r n b with vdj and my dj console first one i think it is. I made some of my own samples from some tracks and i see some have samples to, care to share na lol. I'll share mine too.

Also is it worth me getting the new console?

Thanks

geposted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 7:06 pm
YOW caryshell tell mi how u use di number pad and put di sample dem innah it

link me

squeezeye

geposted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 9:30 pm
I dont know about the dj console mk1 but the mk2 is very good. The build quality is good and the buttons, knobs and jogs are very good. Sound card is quite good as well.

@ squeezeye,

If you have a usb number pad, just assign keyboard shortcuts to the keys from the vdj settings.

Bless

geposted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 9:54 pm
Instagram

geposted Sat 12 May 18 @ 9:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Well done you replied to a thread from 12 year ago.

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 3:56 am
lol this made my day....

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 4:27 pm
What we're going to do right here, is go back, waaaaaaaay back, back into time. As a Troglodyte, I am offended, so no, not today.

Locked by AMAHM

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 9:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)