Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MP3 ID3 TAG SUPPORT

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Does anyone know when Virtual DJ will have mp3 id3 tag support? I know quite a few people have mentioned it here on the forums. Others have said that Virtual DJ will come out with an update for ID3 support. Is there a future date when this will happen?

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 4:48 pm
Yep, we're waiting.

Not having ID3 support and a more flexible recordcase is VDJ's biggest flaw.

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:35 pm
i'd be happy if the library would show the album name. Perhaps we could get to chose what columns it displays. How hard would it really be to add the album names into the xml??

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:02 pm

Its on the list of to-do's ;)

I hope it gets added in next release, I agree... VDJ browser is due for a tune up

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:25 pm
ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've been asking this for a while. After some in-depth asking, and a little luck in getting the right person to anser, I learned that it does in fact, it does support tags, but there are a couple of things you have to do to make it work.

1.) Download Registry Tool (available in plugins/external tools)
2.) Check the options you wish to activate (including SearchInArtist, SearchInComment, SearchInFilename, SearchInPath, SearchInTitle)
3.) Make sure the files containing the tags have either been previously loaded or "analysed"

Notes: The song will be available in the search immediately after it has been loaded/scanned, however the tag information will not appear in the browser until VDJ is restarted.

I've only begun to use the feature, but, so far so good.

Chris

geposted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:04 am
are there any news on that topic ?

I bought VDJ as I read I here, that the full ID Tag support will be implemented in the first VDJ4 update. Now having it, we have to recognize, that nothing happened on that. Because of that I am very disappointed and to be perctly honest I am really sorry to bought this software before having the ID-Tag-Support really implemented.

VDJ is really a very good DJ SOftware. But without having the chance to search for genre, year, comment und having some extra comlumns for them it is not very comfortable to work with.

Is there anybody out of the team who could let me/us know, at what time this feature will be available ? From my point of you the Traktor-solution is one of the best I could emagine.

Thanks for getting a reliable information.

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 4:06 pm
ChrisBo wrote :
I've been asking this for a while. After some in-depth asking, and a little luck in getting the right person to anser, I learned that it does in fact, it does support tags, but there are a couple of things you have to do to make it work.

1.) Download Registry Tool (available in plugins/external tools)
2.) Check the options you wish to activate (including SearchInArtist, SearchInComment, SearchInFilename, SearchInPath, SearchInTitle)
3.) Make sure the files containing the tags have either been previously loaded or "analysed"

Notes: The song will be available in the search immediately after it has been loaded/scanned, however the tag information will not appear in the browser until VDJ is restarted.

I've only begun to use the feature, but, so far so good.

Chris

I tried this workaround with verison 4.3 and it didnt work. there are still a number of songs listed with the artist as the album title etc even though the ID3 tags are correct.

geposted Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 12:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)