Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to totally uninstall virtual DJ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I need to do a fresh installation of virtual dj on my macbook. I need to totally uninstalled virtual dj and reinstall virtual dj.

geposted Wed 09 May 07 @ 2:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
drag the virtual dj folder from documents to trash

empty it.

then browse to this file

Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

(your name means your username)

drag this file to the trash and empty.

reboot.

reinstall.

geposted Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:16 pm
skyfxl, when I try to unistall Virtual DJ this is the message that I am getting ( The operation can not complete because the Item" Virtual Dj" is locked). I try to unlock it by right cliking and gong to info. It will not allow me to unlock Virtual DJ. Any other solution to this problem?

geposted Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:45 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
do you have administrator privileges?

geposted Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:58 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dydy1 wrote :
skyfxl, when I try to unistall Virtual DJ this is the message that I am getting ( The operation can not complete because the Item" Virtual Dj" is locked). I try to unlock it by right cliking and gong to info. It will not allow me to unlock Virtual DJ. Any other solution to this problem?

Is Virtual DJ running?

geposted Wed 09 May 07 @ 4:39 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you want to find out why the file is locked use "lsof" command. You need to do this in the terminal window.

For more info see http://switchersblog.com/2007/03/29/finding-who-locked-the-file-in-mac-os-x.html

for example try

lsof | grep -i Virtual

when i start my system up before i start virtual dj I see nothing.

When you start it and run it you get a ton of stuff..

Next I existed virtual DJ and ran it and I still see a file in use and that's
/Users/joe/Document/VirtualDJ/.DS_store

Note the process id number. Its the first number after the processname. Kill that process.

(When I ran it the process hold for the VDJs dsfile was mdimport (which is Spotlight) )
Now do the lsof | grep -i Virtual

and you should have nothing. You should be able to Uninstall VDJ.

If this doesnt help provide a screenshot of your terminal window.

geposted Wed 09 May 07 @ 5:04 pm
Just a tip for completely uninstalling Mac Apps: try downloding APPZAPPER. It's the uninstall app that mac "forgot" to put in OSX. Works great. Drag & drop.

geposted Thu 10 May 07 @ 4:03 pm
Thank you guy. I will try that!

geposted Fri 11 May 07 @ 12:13 am
How do i completely unistall virtual dj? I had a differently named user before and now every new virtual dj i install it creates a folder with the old user's name. How can i move everything(including the registry files).

geposted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 5:23 pm
is it okay if i deleted the com.virtualdjproduction.plist.lock? i accidentally deleted it :(

geposted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 7:33 am
So I have the VD LE software that comes with the DDJ - WEGO2. I have been enjoying the limited edition version ,but wanted to test out the full version via my free 20 day trial. However, upon activating my trial, I have begun to receive an error message every time the program is opened now, and then quits unexpectedly.

I have not had this issue before until I attempted the free premium trial!

The error message that I am receiving is as follows:
" Cannot find skin in VirtualDJ Document or Library Folders. Please reinstall the application."

I have tried uninstalling the application (per the suggestions in this forum) numerous times, but am still getting the error message.

How can I get this issue resolved, or at least gets back to my LE version?
Please Help!!

geposted Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 6:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)