Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Console RMX - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

djstylxHome userMember since 2009
Hi there

I bought my Hercules Rmx a few days ago

It came with the Unit its self, a usb and the CD with the drives for the unit and the Virtual DJ 5 software.

I installed the drivers and i installed Virtual DJ
when i open up virtual DJ and i have the unit plugged in the i see the cross fader and all the butters move on the screen i load a song on to the decks and hit play but there is no sound.

Can some one please help me :)

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 10:10 pm
tannatHome userMember since 2009
As for the comment being small CPU;
Which will be the best CPU for these type of HERCULES RMX DJ CONTROL ?
HP DV6433cl

Microproccesor: 1.73 GHz Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology featuring Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo processor T5300,

Memory: 2048 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm).

Hard Drive: 160GB (5400 RPM) SATA

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT

SOUND: Altec Lansing

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! FOR THE HELP!

geposted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 6:05 pm
thanks made in breiz will check it out!!!!!!!

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 3:52 am
yahoooooooooo youre the man, it works and is even better
thanks made in breiz

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 4:03 am
Hello djstylx,

Please precise whether you are in Mac OS or in Windows (and detail your computer + OS + driver + version of VirtualDJ 5 DJC)
If you are in Mac OS, you should set the Mac built in sound board as default sound board in Mac OS preferences.

geposted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 12:14 pm
Hello Tannat,

The point is not that you have a small computer, but you have Windows Vista, an operating system designed to waste CPU ressource in multiple tasks.
Vista is a very slow version of Windows, and as Microsoft service packs for Vista did not optimize the performance, Windows Vista remains the slower operating system released by Microsoft.
If, instead of Vista, you had Windows XP (or Windows 7), you would not need adjusting as many settings for optimization, but with Vista, you can estimate you divide by 2 the performance of your computer compared to Windows XP, so your 1.7 GHz centrino + 2 GB of RAM with Vista is slower than a 1.2 GHz Centrino + 1 GB of RAM with Windows XP.
Vista is stable, but sluggish, so you must disable all background tasks (as Wifi scanning, as internet, as antivirus, as firewalls) when you mix with VirtualDJ in Vista, and anyway, Vista will always be slow.

geposted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 12:29 pm
HELLO!! Made In Breizh;

THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH FOR THE ANSWER!!
NOW I UNDERSTAND BETTER ABOUT MY PROBLEM, IN THE FUTURE I WILL TRY TO GO WITH "WINDOWS 7".
BEST REGARDS,
TANNAT.

geposted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 10:59 pm
KwingHome userMember since 2009
I just bought a Console RMX for my Macbook Pro, but when I bought it I had just upgraded Leopard to Snow Leopard. Once I did that, there was no way that my macbook could recognise the Console RMX as a Midi-controller. I've already tried to delete the installation check, but that didn't work either. Does somebody know how to install the Console RMX for Snow Leopard with Virtual DJ? Or should I just wait for hercules to release some proper drivers for Snow Leopard?

geposted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:38 am
yowfgbpHome userMember since 2008
hello everyone, before start i have numark total control and also i have the hercules rmx i know i registered but don't find the serial number so if you pleas can check that

Yesterday for some reason that i don't know i can not make the headphoes to work properly, i can not get the preview in the headphones i did not do any changes it just started doing that
any ideas?
thanxs

geposted Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 6:28 pm
HELP! I recently upgraded my mk2, and bought the RMX.....problem is I cannot for the life of me find a config menu in virtual dj for RMX, where is it?

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 1:03 am
Hello Mikecauchon,

There is no config menu in VirtualDJ DJC 5, but a part of the settings you could find in VDJ DJC 3.4 config menu are located in other parts of VirtualDJ DJC 5: you should read VirtualDJ DJC 5 manual to find these settings.
VirtualDJ DJC 5 manual can be downloaded on Hercules technical support website: http://ts.hercules.com/eng/ .
Go to 'Updates and Downloads", choose 'Soud cards' as product genre, 'DJ Controller' as product family, 'DJ Console Rmx' as product, 'Manual / Help file' as link, and download Virtual DJ 5- DJ Console Edition - User Manual. The direct link is ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/VDJ5/VDJ_5_DJC_Edition_Manual_1_0_English.pdf.

You will for exemple find you set the pitch scale in VDJ DJC 5 without config menu.
If your version of VDJ DJC 5 is older than VDJ DJC 5.2.1, don't forget to update to the last VDJ 5 DJC version on http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html, the last version is VDJ DJC 5.2.2.

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 2:38 am
HI! EVERYBODY!

HERE I GO AGAIN; I JUST UPGRADE MY LAPTOP FROM WINDOWS VISTA TO "WINDOWS 7"!!
I UPDATED AT THE WEB "HERCULES"(DRIVERS:4.HDJS.2009 ) FOR WINDOWS 7.

NOW MY PROBLEM AGAIN, STILL "SKIP" ALMOST EVERY SONG AND CONTACTED "HP" THE FACTORY ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND THEY TOLL ME TO START IN "SAFE MODE" MOST OF THE TIME CORRECT THE PROBLEM, BUT.. NOT THIS PROBLEM!

ALSO WHEN I TRY IN SAFE MODE OPEN A WINDOW BEFORE OPEN THE PROGRAM SAYING; " ERROR IN THE ASIO SOUND DRIVER" AND AFTER A CLICK OK AND OPEN THE PROGRAM I USED BUT STILL "THE SKIP".
OVER MORE WHEN I START THE NORMAL WAY MY PC AND IF I OPEN THE PROGRAM "AS ADMINISTARATOR" THATS THE SAME THING.

SO.. I OPEN NORMALLY FROM THE ICON THE PROGRAM AND DON'T DO THAT, BUT WHEN I START MIXING THE PROBLEM APPEARS! (SKIP)

MY LAPTOP;
HP DV 6433 CL
WINDOWS 7 HOME
PROCESSOR INTEL CORE 2 CPUT5300@ 1.73 GHZ
SYSTEM 32 BIT
PREMIUM MEMORY 2GB
PLEASE HELP ME,
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

geposted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 8:24 pm
Tannat,

Your problem appears to have changed. So before we can offer any real help we need to know exactly what the problem is.

Before that though, I need to quash these stories about Vista. I have had my RMX for over a year and have been using it with Vista this entire time. I have no problems whatsoever. When I bought the laptop it had 1Gb RAM and is a dual core processor. Vista, VDJ nor the RMX have never let me down.

Like any software, VDJ needs to be "tuned in" to your laptop. In other words, if you have a processor that maybe slightly under powered you will need to tweak some of the VDJ performance settings. Seeing as you have "skipping" with Windows 7 I would ascertain that this was and is still your problem.

Don't get me wrong W7 is a lot better than Vista, but Vista is still a good OS.

Now back to your problem. First of all you stated "no sound", now you have progressed to "skipping".

First lets deal with the no sound. The RMX has built in to it a good quality sound card and the default configuration is to use the RMX for sound output. Therefore you should be connecting the RMX to a sound system using either the Phono/RCA connections 1&2 or the 1/4" jacks labelled 1&2.

Yes you can change the VDJ setup to use your laptop soundcard, but you will lose the ability to cue and PFL.

Now to the skipping: In the VDJ config, select the Performance tab. You will see a slider across the top that will vary between "Fastest" and "Best Quality". As you move the slider the options below will change automatically, you can still manually tweak these after, but it is recommended to simply leave them as they are based on the slider position.

The manual states that you should take time to adjust these settings before using VDJ and your controller and also that not all systems can handle the "Best Quality" settings (See Page 33).

Try adjusting the slider to "fastest" and try mixing again and see if the problem is resolved.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 4:13 am
HELP!!!

I'm getting very frustrated with the RMX and ready to get rid of everything. I upgraded to VDJ 6.04 and now the RMX either hangs or cuts off when I press the stop button. I don't know what is going on, but I need somebody to help me immediately. Here's my system:

Windows 7/ 64 bit
2.5GB RAM
VDJ 6.04

Hercules RMX
Package: 4.HDJS.2009
Firmware: 1.0.4.31
Driver: 4.7.5.0
DJAPI: 2.0.18.7
CPL: 2.0.5.1

I need some help as soon as possible, because I have a couple of Gigs coming up.

geposted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 3:31 pm
reggie2167 wrote :
HELP!!!

I need some help as soon as possible, because I have a couple of Gigs coming up.

First off, what did you use before the RMX? That should be your backup just in case you can't get your problem resolved.

Second, have you tried a complete uninstall of VDJ an the RMX drivers and then re-install?

Finally, have you played with the MIDI mapping at all that my cause a conflict between the RMX and the software.

Don't give up, there are plenty of us here using the RMX with no issues whatsoever.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 11:40 am
epinelaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hello just joined the pro family, i have the virtual dj pro v6 and was wondering if i buy the hercules rmx console will it work with the virtual dj pro? i know the hercules rmx comes with a special version of virtual dj tailored for the controller but thats why am asking if it can also be used with the pro version?

geposted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 7:16 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Yes, all Hercules controllers are supported by the Pro version.

geposted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 6:25 am
GadgetMan wrote :
reggie2167 wrote :
HELP!!!

First off, what did you use before the RMX? That should be your backup just in case you can't get your problem resolved.

Second, have you tried a complete uninstall of VDJ an the RMX drivers and then re-install?

Finally, have you played with the MIDI mapping at all that my cause a conflict between the RMX and the software.

Don't give up, there are plenty of us here using the RMX with no issues whatsoever.

Cheers,

Roy

GMan,

I did all of that and I'm still having major issues. I'm just a bit frustrated, because it seems like these manufacturers are so slow to update their software. As for a back up, I do have an alternative, but I really like the controller. Anyway, I'll be patient. I reinstalled 6.03 and it is working for now anyway.

geposted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 3:19 pm
epinelaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks dj phatso!

geposted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 3:54 pm
Hello, I just bought the Hercules RMX with the VDJ LE running in my 20 day demo mode. I'm on Snow Leopard on a new MacBook Pro unibody and everything is running fine and loving life. Two things I have a question about.

One I'd like to remap the effects on the 1-6 buttons. I can see these button assignments in the plist so what I really am curious is how to get the names of the other effects that are not so obvious in the same format as they are in the plist. Like how would I know it's .pitch_bend- Is there a list?

Second thing I'd like to be able to do which I can't seem to is have the main output play on my MacBook and headphones out of the RMX headphones so PFL only on the RMX, Vol Main on the MacBook.

Thanks in advance for any help on either of those.

Jason

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 12:37 pm
46%