Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Console RMX - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

You can only do both of these modifications with having the PRO version of the software. The LE is a LIMITED Edition focused as using the controller as designed.

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 1:12 pm
"You can only do both of these modifications with having the PRO version of the software. The LE is a LIMITED Edition focused as using the controller as designed."

So I'll definitely be able to do both of those if I upgrade?

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 1:52 pm
reggie2167 wrote :
I did all of that and I'm still having major issues. I'm just a bit frustrated, because it seems like these manufacturers are so slow to update their software. As for a back up, I do have an alternative, but I really like the controller. Anyway, I'll be patient. I reinstalled 6.03 and it is working for now anyway.

Slow to update what exactly? There have been more releases of VDJ and Hercules drivers this year than any other I can remember...

As often stated here. 99.9999999999999% of the time the issue is not with the software or the drivers but some small discrepency with the laptop/PC/Mac that it is running on.

Is this a dedicated DJ machine or do you also use it for other stuff?

Does it ever connect to the Internet or is it completely an offline machine?

What A/V software are you using? Are you using a 3rd party firewall?

I know that software conflicts are big issues, not just for VDJ, but for any software. It's just that when you are a gigging DJ and use this software frequently is does tend to stand out more than say, internet explorer, hanging/feezing or restarting. We may come to expect that, but did you ever think there could be an underlying reason?

The issue here is that if IE fails, it only affect you. If VDJ fails, it too only affect you, but in front of an audience!!!!

Think very carefully about your setup, what other software you have and what you use this machine for. Trust me if there was a big issue then everybody would be complaining right?

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 11:54 am
jtpowell wrote :
"You can only do both of these modifications with having the PRO version of the software. The LE is a LIMITED Edition focused as using the controller as designed."

So I'll definitely be able to do both of those if I upgrade?

That is correct, and as an LE user you get to buy VDJ Pro at a discount here.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 11:54 am
GadgetMan wrote :
reggie2167 wrote :
I did all of that and I'm still having major issues. I'm just a bit frustrated, because it seems like these manufacturers are so slow to update their software. As for a back up, I do have an alternative, but I really like the controller. Anyway, I'll be patient. I reinstalled 6.03 and it is working for now anyway.

Slow to update what exactly? There have been more releases of VDJ and Hercules drivers this year than any other I can remember...

As often stated here. 99.9999999999999% of the time the issue is not with the software or the drivers but some small discrepency with the laptop/PC/Mac that it is running on.

Is this a dedicated DJ machine or do you also use it for other stuff?

Does it ever connect to the Internet or is it completely an offline machine?

What A/V software are you using? Are you using a 3rd party firewall?

I know that software conflicts are big issues, not just for VDJ, but for any software. It's just that when you are a gigging DJ and use this software frequently is does tend to stand out more than say, internet explorer, hanging/feezing or restarting. We may come to expect that, but did you ever think there could be an underlying reason?

The issue here is that if IE fails, it only affect you. If VDJ fails, it too only affect you, but in front of an audience!!!!

Think very carefully about your setup, what other software you have and what you use this machine for. Trust me if there was a big issue then everybody would be complaining right?

Cheers,

Roy

Roy,

What's puzzling to me is that 6.03 works fine with the 4.1 sound setup, but 6.04 will not work at all? I did not have this issue with Vista 32bit. I agree, that many people would be complaining, but it doesn't make sense for one version to work and the newer does not. Anyway, I'm considering on trying a netbook with XP for my DJ music. I think this would be the most cost effective solution, because I don't really need a full blown laptop.

Do you have any advise?

-Reg

geposted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 1:39 pm
reggie2167 wrote :
Roy,

What's puzzling to me is that 6.03 works fine with the 4.1 sound setup, but 6.04 will not work at all? I did not have this issue with Vista 32bit. I agree, that many people would be complaining, but it doesn't make sense for one version to work and the newer does not. Anyway, I'm considering on trying a netbook with XP for my DJ music. I think this would be the most cost effective solution, because I don't really need a full blown laptop.

Do you have any advise?

-Reg

This is indeed confusing. I would suggest raising a support ticket and let the guys look over your setup remotely.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 1:55 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
reggie2167 wrote :
Roy,

Do you have any advise?

-Reg

This is indeed confusing. I would suggest raising a support ticket and let the guys look over your setup remotely.

Cheers,

Roy

VDJ 6.05

I installed the new update and my sound from the RMX is working perfectly. However, the controller drops offline, if I operate some functions. For example, if I am playing a song and I try to scratch on the other jog wheel, the RMX all of sudden loses its connection with VDJ. However, the music keeps playing and I can operate the controls with my mouse.

Is there a buffer setting for the USB connection? Or, is there a setting on the computer that I should adjust? It is almost working and I have it working with the RMX sound card; instead of, 4.1.

Thanks
Big Reg

geposted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 11:42 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Are you connected directly to the computer USB port or through a USB HUB ?

Make sure that your USB port power management is turned OFF. This can cause device to stop working during usage:

In the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > USB Root Hub > Power Management,

Uncheck the box 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

Proceed for all all root hubs.

geposted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 2:50 pm
Yo DJ Phatso!

You are the man! I'm up and running. After I changed the power management on the USB, that fixed it.

I want to send thanks to VDJ, GMan, and everybody on this board. My system is running and I'm cool now.

I was just about to defect and give up on it, but you guys came through like champs and got me up and running. I can't wait to check out the new features now in Version 6!

Big Reg

geposted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 8:30 pm
Hey made in breizh, got the same broblem again! ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER
Tryed again what you told me last time but doesnt work this time. anny idea?? thanks

geposted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 9:49 am
or maybe somebody else that can help??? Please check early message from me together with made in breizh
Thank you verry much

geposted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 4:05 am
I am having problems with my Virtual DJ software with my Hercules DJ console RMX. I had Virtual DJ 5.0.7, But I upgraded to VDJ 6.0.1. I used to have my button 3 and 4 on both sides play different effects, and that was somehow default for the 5.0.7 I had. How can I change that back to the buttons to play those certain effects once I press it?

geposted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 6:56 pm

geposted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 10:16 am

geposted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 10:18 am
Addison.lewis wrote :
But I upgraded to VDJ 6.0.1

You are probably using the software illegally, otherwise you would be able to upgrade to and use the latest v6.0.7 Pro.

There have been many changes and improvements to the software since v6.0.1

Please support the software and its future development by purchasing it, or use the legitimate v5.2.1 Console Edition that comes with your Hercules DJ Console RMX.

Your RMX DJ Console entitles you to a significant discount off upgrading to VirtualDJ Professional. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your DJ Console software serial number in the box provided.

NOTE: In VDJ Pro, you can map any button to any function of your choice. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

geposted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 3:04 pm
HELLO

I BOUGHT MY HERCULES RMX CONSOLE A MONTH AGO AND IT WAS WORKING EXCELLENT BUT I DOWNLOADED THE DEMO OF THE VIRTUAL DJ PRO FOR MY CONSOLE AND NOW THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CANNOT HEAR DECK B ON MY SPEAKERS JUST WITH MY HEADPHONES AND I ALREADY TRIED A LOT OF STUFF TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP.

DECK A WORKS PRETTY FINE , DECK B I JUST CANNOT HEAR IT ON MY OUTPUTS . THANK YOU !

geposted Thu 27 May 10 @ 5:12 pm
Hello negrozarate,

Please precise whether you meet this problem in VirtualDJ Pro or in VirtualDJ 5.2.2. DJC Edition?

geposted Fri 28 May 10 @ 4:41 am
Yes I recently played a gig with a macbook computer and everything seemed ok until the end of the night. The mac showed a message that it disabled the unit. Now i can't get anything to work. Is there a reboot of some sort? I saw a usb device was disabled message and that the device was drawing too much power from the computer. I just can't seem to get anything to work now. Please help. Thank you.

geposted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 5:16 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@ DJ Malarky

Take a look at this document regarding which USB port to use on a Macbook:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00362.pdf

Now if you connect the Rmx to one of the appropriate ports, do you get any reaction from it (LEDs flashing upon connection) ?

geposted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 6:21 am
e931951Home userMember since 2010
Hello,

PLEASE !!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!

I have a Dell laptop Inspiron 1545 brand new. I installed the Hercules RMX DJ Console and the music sounds that it is skipping every 15-30 seconds. I have tried so many things and it does not work. It works fine on my desktop Gateway. It works great on my brother-in-law Mac Pro. I don't know what the problem is. I updated my BIOS, Chipset, I do not have anything else attached to the the USB ports. I turnoff my wifi. I have done everything I have read. PLEASE someone help.

Carlos

geposted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 7:53 pm
69%