Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin not working? Controls not showing? DX File Missing? **** Read this before posting **** - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Afternoon all,

I'm creating this sticky as there are quite a few posts about non working plugins, controls not showing up, that sort of thing. There is a reason for this, and it is usually that you are missing a prerequisite. For my plugins, I detail these along with links to install them.

So before posting saying that xxx plugin doesn't work, please ensure you have as a minimum installed these:

Latest DirectX 9 Updates - Vital, even if you have Vista with DX 10...

Online Installer
Offline Installer

Please note that simply installing any old DirectX 9 version will not suffice - you should do an update from the above web links as it will install latest updates that in some cases are required.

Latest VC++ Runtime Libraries:

Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries (x86)
Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries (x64)

Old VC++ Runtime Libraries:

Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Runtime Libraries
Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Runtime Libraries (x86)
Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Runtime Libraries (x64)

Regards,

Scott

[Edited by SBDJ on 04/05/2009 to update links]

geposted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:11 am
Thanks Scott, Very smart post, and very helpful to know where to get the files in a hurry if we re-install!

geposted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 1:23 am
mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, These links are a must if your SBDJ 1.10 plugin isn't working. Download and install the plugins listed above and you'll be off and mixing in no time with your Xponent!
Great Plugin!

geposted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 9:28 pm
For the Xponent mapper you only need the VC++ 2008 runtime library. It's good practice to have them all installed - almost every plugin available should then work :)

geposted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 7:08 am
I have Numark Cue.(PC)

I've downloaded the install files in the mentioned links.

I still cant access my downloaded plugins.

Where do I put the installed files.....?

Where do the so called "installed" plugins go if theyre not in my plugin folder?

geposted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 11:15 pm
If the plugin has installed correctly, it will pretty much always show up in the list of available plugins. If you're missing a dependancy, it tends to just not work.

So check for the .dll file for the plugin in the correct folder:

My Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins (or My Documents\NumarkCue\Plugins for Cue users I believe)

Under here should be a few folders of the plugin types. Open that folder, and you should find the file.

Which plugin are you having problems with?

Regards,

Scott

geposted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 3:19 am
lvdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use VirtualDJ on a computer at work. The clubs software is fully legal. The computer has NO internet connection, and when I try to install the directX software (for offline) that is provided with the link above, a box appears and asks where I want to install the unpack for the software? Where am I suppose to put the files? In the program files folder? in the Windows folder? I'm not really sure, can someone help me out with this? Thanks

** The exact message on the box that appears when trying to run the offline install says "Please type the location where you want to place the extracted files" **

Thanks again

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 6:15 am
These are just temp files from memory, so just create a temp directory, extract to that, the delete the folder after the install is complete.

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 7:24 am
Correct, it works like a self extracting cab file, it just wants somewhere to unpack the files, then you can run setup from there.

Regards,

Scott

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 8:22 am
luckyojHome userMember since 2008
question does virtual dj record videos like how it does audio

cause mine don't work it tells me about a vidoe codec not found

can i get some help pls

geposted Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 9:43 am
Please post about your issue in a seperate thread. You might get more luck in the pc version technical support forum. I do know this topic has been covered several times, a search may throw something up :)

geposted Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 2:03 pm
spam4usPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Do I need to install both of the latest VC++ Runtime Libraries

Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Runtime Libraries
Visual C++ 2008 Runtime Libraries

or just the 2008?

I can't get the Karaoke Rotation to work. The Karaoke Plug-in is listed under the Video effects tab. When I click on it, the grey box opens but there is nothing in it where it should have Name:Karaoke Author: Automix Productions, etc. There are no Activate, Config, List or Next bottons either. Running Vista home

Thanks

geposted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 10:17 am
Hey guys!

I wonder if anyone knows this>

I have the BCD3000, im using virtual DJ off course!
But ill dont know how iam going to do to make the headphones working so ill can cue-up the song that isnt playing!
anyone knows how to do...

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 2:24 pm
This isn't the right place for this post. Try one of the technical, or General Discussion forums.

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 4:00 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
SBDJ wrote :
This isn't the right place for this post. Try one of the technical, or General Discussion forums.

Also, I would try the search feature of the site. This question has been asked a great many times....

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 4:01 pm
it says my license wnt allow me wy not

geposted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 7:05 am
zakdarat wrote :
it says my license wnt allow me wy not

Sorry, plugins such as skins, effects, etc. are only available to registered users who have purchased VirtualDJ.

To purchase, please go to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

geposted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 1:19 pm
gaoyangHome userMember since 2008
Thanks Scott, Very smart post, and very helpful to know where to get the files in a hurry if we re-install!

geposted Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 5:15 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So I have been having issues with the RMX config plugin. I installed it, then coppied and renamed them like the manual said RMX1 - RMX12. Then I set all the effects in my VDJ skin. When I close VDJ on my desktop computer, it still won't remember the effects on the 6 + 6 keys. As I was searching I found this post, I tried installing the Direct X update and both runtime libraries and tried setting the 6 + 6 keys again and it still does not remember them after closing VDJ. 1 more thing, it works on my laptop (which I set up first), so I compared the 2 and everything seems to be the same. Any ideas?

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 11:21 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 2:35 pm
38%