Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin required please - 1024 x 600 or 800 x 600 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi all,

I use a Vaio UX1 to run VDJ remotely by wifi in the club which I work. It's handy early doors for chatting to customers, going to the bar etc.

It has a resolution of 1024 x 600 (which is an odd size) but I can't find any skins to match. Best one I have found is Always B-Blue at 800 x 600 but it's very old and not that great.

Does anyone know of any good skins for smaller resolutions, or would the resizer tool work on the default skin to squeeze it a bit?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks - Keith

geposted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 3:00 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Hi,

1024x600 is the new standard resolution for "netbooks" that have small screens, usually 10".

There is only one skin in that resolution:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4506/

And yes, the skin resizer can resize skins to that size.

Here are the exact steps to follow to get a correct skin

1. Unzip the Skin package, or unzip only the skin you want to resize.
2. In the tool, click on the "..." Input button to open the XML of the skin that needs resizing.
3. In the Output size box write 1024, and then click on the "x" button. The output height is automatically calculated to be proportionnal.
4. Tick "Resize XML" and "Resize Picture". (Or "Resize Skin" if you are using version 1.2.2)

If you need to change the text size in the browser section, follow step 5
5. Tick "Browser Options" and then the "Browser" button. Change the font size to the value you prefer.

6. Click on "Do the job".

Now click on the "Preview Skin" button. If the skin looks good to you (the size of the buttons and so on are good for you), you should consider buying the licensed version to be able to continue on the next steps.

7. Click on the "Licensed" menu, then on "Reload last created skin".
8. In the output size now write 1024 x 600.

Attention, some skins cannot be resized to 1024x600 because the browser would be too small. You can send me a PM so I can test this skin for you before buying the licensed version

9. Select the Output filename by clicking on the "..." output button.
10. Click on "Browser Resize". A message window should appear. This is only to tell you that Browser resize and regular resize cannot be performed at the same time.
11. Untick "Browser Options".

12. Click on "Do the Job".

Now you can preview the finished skin.

Now Drag and Drop the finished skin (XML and BMP file) in the original skin package.
And you can finally use the skin.

geposted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 4:05 pm
Thanks for your prompt reply - will have a look tomorrow!

I must have deleted the standard VDJ or Cue skins from my machine, is there any chance you could test either of them (if you get a chance) to see if they will resize OK?

Thanks - Keith

geposted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 4:47 pm
I've just tried with VirtualDJ's "Full" skin.

And it doesn't work... :

"Full" skin size is 1024x768.
When I want to resize to 1024x600, using browser resize option, it takes 168 pixels off of the browser.
"Full" skin's browser height is 321.
Browser minimum height is 295.

168>(321-295).

You should choose a 1280x800 skin, most of these skins work.

---

Did you try the skin i mentioned above?
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4506/

It looks alot like VirtualDJ's regular skins, and was made to fit in 1024x600 without resizing any other skin.

geposted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 5:37 pm
Thanks for the reply - I will give that skin a go when i get home.
Would be good if it has the EQ settings on it!
Thanks - Keith

geposted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 7:52 am
Hi, the skin suggested above is excellent, far better than I imagined. I have created keyboard shortcuts to change the EQ to the required settings - job done!

Thanks for your help with this. Much appreciated :)

Keith

geposted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 4:49 pm
No problem :)

geposted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 5:32 pm
Is it possible to try the eeePC skin before purchasing? Because I use the demo on my Aspire One just to try, but it doesn't seem to work. Also, when I use the Resize tool, VDJ ends up crashing.

geposted Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 2:06 pm
Or if it's possible, could someone post their resized skin on this forum? I only need to test if my netbook is capable of running smoothly VDJ.

geposted Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 2:42 pm
Hi Tony,

This is a 800x480 skin that is for testing purposes only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/177642700/800x480.exe

You will be able to test VirtualDJ with it, but the graphics have been "destroyed" to avoid anybody using that skin to mix live with it.

geposted Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 2:53 pm
Prompt PLEASE, how dowload skins?!?

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 9:14 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
deGrosser wrote :
Prompt PLEASE, how dowload skins?!?

You can't mate, you need to have a licensed copy of VirtualDJ in order to download the skins and plugins.

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 10:17 pm
jimmy b!!!
I should buy it on a site?!?

geposted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 6:38 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

geposted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 9:29 am
THANKS jimmy-b!!!

geposted Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 11:48 am
CaudaCUE userMember since 2008
Hello I realy need that skin without the lines allover it so its useable as thats the screen resolution of my ASUS R2H and i can not find any skins for it and have no idea how to make them could you please give me it or sell it to me i need it badly.. thanks in advance...

JeremK wrote :
Hi Tony,

This is a 800x480 skin that is for testing purposes only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/177642700/800x480.exe

You will be able to test VirtualDJ with it, but the graphics have been "destroyed" to avoid anybody using that skin to mix live with it.

geposted Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 2:33 pm
I'll upload it today and post the link here.

geposted Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 1:46 am

geposted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 4:46 pm
I have the vdj 3.4 and this skin didn't work :(

geposted Fri 22 May 09 @ 6:54 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
In the notes of the skin is write "Attention: it's required Virtual DJ 5.2 and next version."

It's only for PRO user with 5.2, you can buy PRO version here http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

geposted Fri 22 May 09 @ 7:13 am
71%