Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bluescreen/Crash after turning off xponent

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello.

I've been using Virtual DJ with Windows 7 64bit and the M-Audio Xponent for some years now and never had big trouble except stuff like "virtual dj freezes when closing before turning off xponent".

Some weeks ago I bought a Thinkpad T430 with Win 8 64bit preinstalled. It worked quite fine, however, Windows 8 crashed everytime I turned off the xponent while VDJ was running (ending a session the other way round was not possible, as stated above).
I thought this was a problem of Windows 8, so I installed Win 7 instead. However, the same problem occurs.

I found a workaround switching from Asio to primary sound driver in the VDJ options, however, this does not work as well some times, resulting to a bluescreen or an entire Windows freeze.

DJing works quite fine, however, it's kind of annoying to have to end every DJ session with a total system crash. I don't believe this is "healthy" for the system, either.

Traktor and Mixxx do not have this problem, so I think this is a problem with Virtual DJ, Asio and my hardware setup combined. Has anyone experienced similar issues and knows how to solve this problem?

/ I could post my hardware configuration If requested.

// And by "solution" I don't mean "buy a macbook". ;-)

/// Oh, and by the way, I'm having another issue with looping as well.
In the example posted below, I'm mixing 8 beats of the next track into the current track. There are very small differences in the volume from loop to loop. The first loop seems to be just regular, and every second loop the volume of the high frequences seems to be... I don't know, there's something wrong and you can hear that.

Jump to 0:47 to hear exactly what I'm talking about:

https://soundcloud.com/antfodder/test/s-8t8LA

geposted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 8:50 am
Alright, I found a solution for the crash issue... I still don't believe how simple this was.

However, there is still the loop volume thing. Not a big problem, but still annoying.

geposted Fri 03 May 13 @ 6:38 am
hello,

I have this same issue (crashing when turning off the xponent) - how did you fix it?

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 7:36 am
djefiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have the same problem can u tell us what was your solution?

geposted Sun 08 Sep 13 @ 8:26 pm
Do you have the exact same setup, laptop specs, and equipment as the Original Poster?

Might be best to open your own topic explaining your situation.This way forum members or staff will have a better understanding of your issues.

geposted Sun 08 Sep 13 @ 11:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)