Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Saved HotCue And Remix Points Are Gone!
hii , im using virtual dj 8 and i usually save hot cues and remix points for me to make it easier to remix and know what im doing. so the problem is the cues and remix points that i saved for some of my songs , are gone and its not the first time. after some time these things will be erased from my deck and its really annoying. i've saved those settings for my songs like 3 or 4 times till now , and still after some time some of them are gone. any advice ?! i hope i've made my problem clear. Thanks

geposted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 12:47 am
Do you not take/keep regular backups of your database?

Please provide further details . What's your setup (PC or Mac / Operating System)? Is your music on internal or external drive?

When you say "my songs", are they tracks you've purchased, or are you using streams?

geposted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 8:03 am
Hi @groovindj ! No i don't take backups and i really don't know how to do it
I'm With my PC and using windows 7 ultimate.
My Songs are on Internal Drive (Drive "C" on my PC) , and yes i have purchased them or downloaded them from the web so i guess that wont be a problem
i hope this info will help. Thanks

geposted Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 11:30 pm
Hey team,

All has been glorious and trouble-free with the new VDJ, until just a few days ago.

I put together a new set, and for the life of me, my hot Cues won't save.
In the interest of answering questions, I have reinstalled, I have utilized the advice set in the other threads relating to this issue, and as I was in the habit of changing the pad colors anyways, typically renamed all my cue points through the POI editor.

And yet, despite settings and tweaks and whatnot, I can no longer set any hot cue points that will save if I shut down and restart VDJ.

I read on one thread that VDJ can only accommodate 99 Hot Cue points in a library.... Is that accurate?

If it's not though, I would so totally appreciate any ideas and feedback.

Even just knowing it's a bug would be good, at least I could move on and await a fix. As long as the solution may lie with me, I feel compelled to try to solve it :)

Thanks for info and help everyone.

geposted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 10:07 am
user22023951 wrote :
Hey team,
All has been glorious and trouble-free with the new VDJ, until just a few days ago.
I put together a new set, and for the life of me, my hot Cues won't save.
In the interest of answering questions, I have reinstalled, I have utilized the advice set in the other threads relating to this issue, and as I was in the habit of changing the pad colors anyways, typically renamed all my cue points through the POI editor.
And yet, despite settings and tweaks and whatnot, I can no longer set any hot cue points that will save if I shut down and restart VDJ.
I read on one thread that VDJ can only accommodate 99 Hot Cue points in a library.... Is that accurate?
If it's not though, I would so totally appreciate any ideas and feedback.
Even just knowing it's a bug would be good, at least I could move on and await a fix. As long as the solution may lie with me, I feel compelled to try to solve it :)
Thanks for info and help everyone.

No the limits are pr track
The most common reason why you can't save cue points or any other track information is that VDJ can't get write access to the /documents/virtualdj/database.xml file
There can be a few reasons for that - like for instance:
- It's locked by another process (maybe even a hanging virtual dj process)
- You have started VDJ using another user than usual/the one you used when installing the software
- The is a more general file rights issue on your laptop

geposted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 10:12 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

geposted Thu 23 Sep 21 @ 3:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Freppa 18 month old thread

geposted Thu 23 Sep 21 @ 4:42 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Sorry ;)

geposted Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 4:23 am