Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: iTunes Playlist-Folders not showing up anymore
I know this is an old problem and I checked some resolutions, no success so far.

After upgrading to Big Sur and Virtual DJ from the store (download version before), I dont see the Playlist-Folders from "iTunes" anymore. I only get the Playlists that are no "Playlist-Folders". If I move a playlist in Music "ex-iTunes" out of the folder in the root, it will show up in VirtualDJ.

I also exported the library and set the file in VDJ (browser), but it has no effect.

Any ideas how to get back the playlist-folders from Music "iTunes"?

geposted Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 10:40 am
Am I the only one with this problem? Everyone else sees their iTunes Playlist Folders with the new VDJ and Big Sur?

geposted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 10:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 11:00 am
Thats what I did. And what I did just now with the same result. De-installed. Reboot. Installed Web-version -> Only Playlists, but not playlist-folders are shown in the "iTunes" Tab inside VDJ.

geposted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 11:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 12:52 pm
I do see "iTunes" and I do see the Playlists I created in iTunes, but I dont see the Playlist-Folders and not the Playlists inside the playlist-folders I created in iTunes.

I was able to see them before, but since I went on the app store version (and big sur), they are gone.

I checked your link and did both steps with no result.

geposted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 1:10 pm
No more ideas?

geposted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 1:06 pm
In Big Sur iTunes is removed, it no longer exists.
Open Apple Music instead, and do you see your old iTunes content there?

Can also try give VirtualDJ full access, its needed for some folders and drives

geposted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 1:35 pm
I have a similar issue, I upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur on Tuesday and my playlists on Music (ex- iTunes) reverted to 2017 levels.
In my case it is an Apple/Music issue not VDJ.
I am trying to fix this issue and have been able to restore the 2019 playlists...but still missing the 2020 additions as I cannot locate a more recent music file on my Macbook???

geposted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 2:19 pm

geposted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 3:00 pm
What if you right-click the itunes folder in VirtualDJ and choose reload ?

geposted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 6:10 pm
I tried that a couple of times, no change. I also exported the music library in Music and set it in VDJ to that file.

geposted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 8:44 pm
I deleted the app, then the folder in the document directory, then a reboot, then installed the download version.... still the same result. Playlist-folders and the playlists inside the folders dont show up anymore :(

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 12:57 am
So, I created a new user and the folders show up.

Then I found out, that I have to RE-Create all the playlist folders, then they show up. For some reason the playlist folders that already exists, they dont show up. But I can live with this solution.

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 1:55 am
Hi Everyone.
It seems the new iTunes has changed into "Music" app on the Apple Platform. When I upgraded if changed all my music playlist folders into "Smary Folders". VDJ wont show "Smart Folders" in the iTunes browser window. You have to convert all of your Smart Folders in the new itunes into playlist flders (Drag and Drop). You should be set then.

geposted Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 3:01 pm
After fiddling with this issue for quite a while I found a convenient workaround (took me some hours and tons of nerves):

* Import your old "iTunes Library.XML" into the "Music" App
- (playlist folders won't show in VDJ)
* Export your Mediathek as "Mediathek.xml" to a folder
* Delete all your playlists (folders) in "Music"
* Now import the former exported "Mediathek.xml"
- Voila (and Tataaaa!), VDJ shows your playlist folders and playlists

Good luck everyone.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 3:18 pm