Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BIG problem with DDJ1000 and Macbook pro 13 M1 chip
Hi, I am working with a controller DDJ1000 and macbook pro 13 big sur m1 chip. In the beginning my virtual dj and the controller are working perfectly. But after a few hours the music just stops without any reason and i have to restart the computer. How to solve this problem?

geposted Wed 12 May 21 @ 8:05 pm
Hardware issue?
As in the controller going "dead" with no lights of frozen?
Or do you mean the audio and VDJ drops out?

geposted Sun 16 May 21 @ 6:47 pm
The program frozes...

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 4:35 pm
Got the latest drivers and firmware installed?
https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/controller/ddj-1000/

Not much to go by from the logs, but would try latest drivers / firmware first, in case its an issue already fixed.

And does same happen also without the controller connected btw?
And when it does happen, is the controller lights or jog displays going off or something indicating the hardware froze?

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 11:04 pm
I know this forum is for the DDJ1000, but the exact same thing happened with my DJM-2000NXS2. Had a 7 hour gig and the system crashed 3 times.Very embarrassing especially considering the high-end equipment being used. The system just froze and I had to reboot everything. Took a while for the computer to recognize the drives again too.
I thought it may have been that my mixer just got too hot because it was a pool party and my mixer was in the road runner.
VDJ also did not log any of the tracks that I played that day. At home I usually use my old 2012 MBP, but I grabbed my 2020 MBP with the M1 chip thinking it would be better.

With the DDJ1000, and since you were using a newer MacBook, I'm assuming you were also using a USB Hub to connect. . I think it is either the hub or an issue with the M1 chip., or an issues with the M1 chip when you use a hub. I had it happen with my M1 MBP yesterday too, but was only using the computer, not in Virtual at all. It never happens with my 2012 MBP.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 12:33 pm
djdeepstate wrote :

VDJ also did not log any of the tracks

It doesn't, if you're using an external mixer setup.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 1:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
djdeepstate wrote :

VDJ also did not log any of the tracks

It doesn't, if you're using an external mixer setup.

It does

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 2:50 pm
When did that change then? AFAIK historically it relied on fader position (which it wouldn't know with external mixer).

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 3:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
At least since v8 release I think, not sure about v7.
The software faders are up by default, so you might end up logging tracks that you were just cueing too.
In the past 10 years or so, a lot of external mixers (including the DJM-2000 that was mentioned) also include usb and send fader positions over that connection though, so even though the mixer does the mixing, vdj is still aware of fader positions for purposes such as history logging, video mixing, security load warnings etc...

About the actual problem. Since you mentioned the entire computer locked up and required a reboot, I would suspect a hardware issue with the computer itself. The M1 under normal circumstances doesn't get hot at all, but if it was out in the sun I guess overheating is still a possibility.
I'm not exactly sure where to check but it might be that macOS does log such events though.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 3:50 pm
I am having the same problem with rane one and m1 Mac. System glitches and controller drops out after a few hours. Very disturbing considering how high end this controller is and laptop

geposted Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 3:11 pm
sofitLE userMember since 2008
Are you working with stems enabled? If so, try disabling them. Will it hang without them?

geposted Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 4:14 pm