Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I edit custom buttons / video text FX using only onscreen keyboard?
I have enable/disabled touchscreen mode and show/hide/auto keyboard in settings... everything works fine using keyboard and mouse, but that defeats the object of a touchscreen setup.

Any help, however obvious, gratefully accepted.. I'm probably doing something silly

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 11:31 am
All touchscreens can emulate a right click if you "keep holding" an item.
However that feature increases lag as the touch sensors usually emulate the "click" when you release your finger from the screen.
That has been always a compromise when working with touch screens.
You can either have less lag and be able to "hold" pressing buttons but loose the ability to right click an object, or you can right click objects but you increase lag and you loose the ability to "hold" pressing buttons.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 12:01 pm
The on screen keyboard works well with browser search, but not with either custom buttons or Text VFX.
The text edit window does not seem to activate the keyboard... emulating right-click does nothing either.

EDIT: "right-click" brings up a context menu with PASTE. you can then paste whats in the OS clipboard

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 12:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Works fine here, just touch the text area to focus and the onscreen keyboard opens.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 12:50 pm
Hmm, must be my settings somewhere...

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 1:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
onScreenKeyboard should be on Auto (default) but can't think of anything else

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 1:20 pm
I have set to auto, used both 32bit and 64bit VDJ, using default skin... no joy.
The touchscreen itself is functioning ok with everything else, including browser search.

I'm stumped.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 1:27 pm
SUCCESS!!!! (sort of)

After loads of investigating, I have identified the problem, and have now sorted the issue. It was down to windows keyboard not activating on the secondary monitor. My laptop was primary and touchscreen secondary.

In my existing config VDJ used to call a dark grey keyboard for browser searching, but not for other text input windows.
Now my new config I have simply made my touchscreen the primary display and windows keyboard (white one) appears for everything that's needed.. except text in custom button dialog, but I'm unlikely to need that mid gig..

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 8:38 pm
Right, the final install in this saga!!!
All works as it should except sometimes you need to 'refocus' on the area for text input...

In VideoFX Text you can just check/uncheck scroll then return to the text area.. the keyboard appears!

Same for browser search, sometimes you need to select a song or folder then return to search box and keyboard appears!

The custom button is the same; click on button name and the keyboard appears. It will satay when you refocus on the action input area. Unfortunately, once there is an action set up on a custom button you need to right click to edit it instead of just click...

I'm going for a long walk now! LOL

geposted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 9:08 pm