Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VJ loop bank for visuals (improvements to the video sampler)
id like to see a loop bank plugin for playing back visuals, native to VDJ
something a bit like resolume

tellymedia is a way to do this, and im a fan. but i think VDJ should have something native. TM also has limitations.

virtual DJ slideshow has had a few updates recently ,but to me its still a very rudimentary tool for this kind of purpose

i suppose the sampler is almost there, but its still not quite there. so i dont know if the sampler is best for this.
youd want to be able to see the video thumbnails so you know what you are playing before you play it. currently you cant in the sampler. and it would look bad if you are flicking through loops in the middle of a live show.

also it would be good to have the loop buttons and audio on/off and tempo sync buttons on the surface of the GUI so that you can see it and change it on the fly for each sample. rather than having to go into a menu for each individual sample.
or even a master audio off for all video samples would be nice.

the next developemend would be the ability to create "chases" of video samples so that you could let it cycle through a particular group of video loops depending on the theme

could be great to link it up to a light show too via the dmx features, but i dont use VDJ for lights yet so i dont even know what that would entail. ( ie. any time i change my lights to red, play from a sequence of red VJ loops that i have pre prepared.)

a LOT of unexplored potential i think in this area.

geposted Fri 22 Jul 22 @ 12:24 pm
Personally, if the chromakey (green screen) was better in VDJ, I'd probably just be using that rather than having to do the chromakey in Resolume then feed the output into VDJ.

Things Resolume can't do:
Play a slideshow of random stills or videos from a folder.
Use Shadertoy, Milkdrop or similar to play "coded" visuals.

In comparison, VDJ lacks the ability to stack videos in layers, and the amount of visual FX in VDJ is way behind.

geposted Fri 22 Jul 22 @ 5:41 pm