Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ, Denon MCX8000 and MAC OS Ventura
The MCX is not connecting to Virtual DJ.
I can see it as an audio device, and audio plays from it BUT...none of the controls work.
Is there a MIDI driver that needs to be installed?
Are there security settings blocking this from working?

I have a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 and am using the latest VDJ with Stems 2.0

Anyone have any idea how to get this working?

geposted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 4:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 9:25 am
I did all of that....still have audio only. No control over VDJ.

geposted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 2:22 pm
So it is definitely NOT a VDJ problem. My Hercules Starlight works just fine. Looks like a Denon Issue.

geposted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 2:31 pm
So this won't make you feel any better, but I upgraded VDJ first, then upgraded to Ventura. I have a Denon MC7000(not exactly like your but probably very similar), and it's working perfectly. After the update, when VDJ first launched, I was given a dialog box about using the MC7000 as a "new accessory" with VDJ, or something like it... I can't remember exactly. But I've had no issues and didn't re-install the Denon driver.

One think you might try is to log into your computer as a different user, launch VDJ, and see if your controller works from there. At least you'd know that the controller works with Ventura and that might help you troubleshoot this issue.

Keep me posted if it works as another user, as that would obviously be an easier problem to solve.

geposted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 4:24 pm
@Home

The MC7000 is different to the MCX8000.

There is NO Mac DRIVER for the MC7000 as it is Class Compliant.

I use the MC7000 with Ventura (see below);

Systems Specs;
Main System - MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2022), Apple Silicon M1 Pro, 16gb, 500 gb SSD, macOS Ventura 13.0.1, External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD formatted exFat containing Music & Video databases. VirtualDJ v2023-arm b7356.

Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 Mk2.

geposted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 6:26 pm
So I downgraded back to Monterey and discovered that when I use a USB B to USB C cable to connect the MCX8000 to the Macbook, it does NOT work.
But when I use a HUB to connect the original USB B to USB A cable to the USB C (Thunderbolt) port everything works fine.

I cannot remember if I tried this when I was on Ventura; I think I did......ugh.

Can anyone shed light on why this happens?
Is is a cable issue?
I am using brand new cables.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 11:10 pm
Forgot to Add, the MCX8000 also does NOT need a driver.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 11:11 pm
From Denon Support Downloads;

Mac Driver version 1.0.3. for the MCX8000.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 11:22 pm
The driver is NOT needed.
And i did try downloading the driver, it still does not work.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 2:56 am