Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Browser Column Alignment Issues and Horizontal Scroll Bar Question
Hi everyone, I am still in the process of porting over from SeratoDJ Pro.

I am having a column alignment issue. I notice the VDJ isn't left flush aligning my columns. It looks like some are left and some are centered or flush right. I can't figure it out. Is there anyway to change the alignment of the columns to all flush left? Ideally it would be great if I had an option to just add a divider line between the columns as well. Serato ads a 1 pixel line, which at least on my end, makes it visually clearer when looking for files.

I also notice that I have no horizontal scroll bar, anyway to show this when I have say file path showing?

I put screen shots of Serato vs VDJ.

Notice how the VDJ doesn't left align.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 4:16 pm
we don't left-align numeric fields on purpose, as it's easier to compare quickly

1:05:00
55:00
vs
1:05:00
55:00

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 4:27 pm
Ahh so it's only the "length" column that is pinned to the right which will cause it pull with whatever column is directly to its right, got it. Can that be changed in the skin coding on my end perhaps? Looks like it was done on Serato with full 6 for possibly that reason you mentioned.

Can that 1 pixel border around the table also be coded? I can't find a skin file but I have seen numerous people mention it.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 10:44 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
can you just move genre over some?

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 12:28 am
1) There is blank space between columns. You cannot color it (make it appear as a line) but it's always there.
2) Numeric columns sort to the right, alphanumeric columns sort to the left. Same as with any other software that deals with "table / spreadsheet" views, like Excel, Calc, e.t.c. There's no other rule in place (like if one is sorting to left, then the other should sort to right, or vice versa)
3) Skins don't have the power to alter any of the above behavior.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 12:46 am
OK, thanks for the clarification!

Anyone care to comment on the no "horizontal scroll bar" at the bottom of the browser window?

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 4:18 am
There is no horizontal scrollbar, if that's what you ask, nor you can "force" once.
VirtualDJ's way of doing things is slightly different than Serato.
The main reason there's no horizontal scrollbar is that in a live playback environment it would cause more harm than good. Controllers don't support horizontal scrolling, and reaching out for your mouse/pad all the time just to scroll left right doesn't feeel intuitive. Also looking at the screen does not guarantee that the information you want is always visible.
So, VirtualDJ's approach is different. You get accustomed to use a browser where "what you see is what you get" and you get what you can fit in your screen's width.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 8:31 am