Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: audio disortion after some time
hello , before i begin first the specs of my brand new laptop : this is an MSI RAIDER GE66 I7 11800H 64 Gyg DDR4 RAM RTX 3080 GPU with 16 Gyg video RAM 2 x 2 Terra M2 SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus (one used for windows and dj programm Virtual DJ 2023 with pro infinity lycence and the other used for my music collection ) , this laptop is connected to my DENON PRIME 4 by usb 3 and Prime 4 ASIO driver is installed , since i use my new laptop i hear after some playing time dissortion in the audio , , when i goto preferences and press apply button , this dissaperas , but after some time it begins again , i tested with using whasapi drivers instead of ASIO drivers but same problem !
What can be the cause or what can i do to resolve this problem , on my older laptop (with less powerfull specs ) with same installation i not have this problem

geposted Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 11:13 pm
You say that you're using ASIO and get distortion after some time, but give no information on the ASIO buffer settings. What is your current setting and did you try increasing it?

geposted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 9:55 am
If you;re getting distortion on WASAPI then there's something wrong with your PC. Have you ran a latency checker?

geposted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 9:56 am
groovindj wrote :
You say that you're using ASIO and get distortion after some time, but give no information on the ASIO buffer settings. What is your current setting and did you try increasing it?

224 but i also tested at 500 and 750 latency and same problem

geposted Sat 18 Mar 23 @ 11:46 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
If you;re getting distortion on WASAPI then there's something wrong with your PC. Have you ran a latency checker?

i did a free latency check and it mentions no problem
it's a recent gaming laptop clean install , windows 11 , i suspect windows 11 cause windows 10 not has this issue

geposted Sun 19 Mar 23 @ 12:17 am
seems problem with driver from USB 3.2 Gen2 in windows 11 , my prime 4 was atached to this USB 3.2 Gen2 port , i connecte my prime 4 now to the USB 3.2 Gen1 port and dissortion dissapeared , so it is a windows 11 issue (driver issue for USB 3.2 Gen2 )

geposted Sun 19 Mar 23 @ 12:28 am