Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: y can't reg'd users get a beta ? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

surely:

- registered users are (mostly) not the lamers that keep posting about traktor etc... hence probably sensible enough to realise a beta is a beta
- a wider beta test will give you more feedback

I personnally run an mp3 player in my office 8 hours a day, and usually most evening I play with new mixes. Live I use what I trust, but it'd be no skin of any of our noses if whilst playing about in our bedrooms it crashed a few times...

Most of us are itching to try the new version and will test the thing to buggery for you...

Personally the only thing I want is a loop function like in traktor (the only decent thing in the whole cess pool that is NI';s effort), and I don't think it's in the new version (???), but even then if it appears in a later version, given the time scales involved here, I'll have finished DJing and had 3 kids by the time it arrives...

surely a wider beta can only help...

I think people are getting techy not just cos of the time this release is taking, but because what that means for the future. I guess most of us reckon on 1 new release every 5 years ATM...

I still love and use 1.12, and can't see much wrong with it, but when 1.2 has been promised for so long, even I am getting a bit impatient...

DJ EffeKt
www.exilez.com

geposted Mon 06 Aug 01 @ 2:01 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
The beta testers for the next version have already been selected. So we're sorry for now we don't need more beta testers. Wait, you'll have a big surprise when the next version is ready !

- Dams -

geposted Mon 06 Aug 01 @ 2:39 pm
He is suggesting that everyone be given the freedom to download the beta, as you can do with other types of software. It is not necessary for you to keep track of evceryone who has the beta and check what they think of it. Look at ICQ, they release a beta, sure it has bugs, but its better than nothing, then, later, they release the final unbugged version. In the mean time their loyal customers are kept happy. Comprende??????????

geposted Mon 06 Aug 01 @ 9:29 pm
ICQ is not intended for use in a professional performance, unlike atomix. Hopefully, when you get a gig, you'll have the peace of mind knowing that the software was not released early.. like your mentors over at ICQ. While it is a lovely attempt at a comparison, the two have very little in common, besides they both run on a computer.
Besides that, what entitles you to the beta or the update. You paid for the current version, and you received it. Anything extra, such as free upgrades for 1.xx, is just a bonus to be received as available. So until it is released you have no claim to it. Go buy some turntables and a mixer while you wait, or buy traktor, or pcdj.... oh wait those are all too expensive. Nevermind, just enjoy the product you have.

geposted Mon 06 Aug 01 @ 9:58 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks but no thanks. I'm doing 5 gigs a week in a crowded club. The last thing in the world I need is to take out a buggy beta version. I'll wait for the full release, but thanks for thinking of me (registered user)

geposted Mon 06 Aug 01 @ 11:25 pm
Saint-James, you got it all. I hope that every user of these forums read your post :o)

The fact that the beta wasn't released to every registered user is also a protection against piracy. Not only competitors.

geposted Tue 07 Aug 01 @ 11:23 am
OK...

I don't think I'm entitled to anything, but your attitude is the best way to piss-off customers "you arent entitled to it" really winds up those of us whosupport atomix rather than haX0ring it....

Piracy...
just cos it's abeta doesn't make it more succeptible to piracy.
Your insinuation that piracy is a problem if you send it out to all reg'd users implies that the registered users are to blame for the piracy... something else which will really pee-off loyal users..

"I dont want to take a beta to a clubh where it wil crash"
This whole stability issue is silly, cos no one will take a beta to a club expecting it to be flawless... it's a soidding beta.
But some of us use the damn thing outside of clubs too where a crash every so often is not too bad, and can only help development...
I'd still only use 1.12 in a club even if I had the new beta...

And telling users to go try other products is stoopid, cos we'd not be here, spending time on this board if it wasn't atomix that we wanted...

personnally I find your insinuations that sending the beta to reg users will mean it will get pirated (by them) and that they are soo stupid that theywould take a beta to a club.

So we wait and wait, but one by one we'll be leaving, as the conmpetition get better and atomix falls behind (god forbid)

DJ EffeKt
www.exilez.com

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 3:14 pm
Neither Saint-James nor I are part of the Atomix team. We are only regular users just like you. What we say here has nothing to do with an official answer from the team.

I was just looking for possible reasons why they only released the beta for a few customers, I do not know if it is actually the real reason.

Since full versions are available on the Internet, it does mean that registered users aren't always reliable, don't you think ?

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 4:28 pm
Well put, I am not a team member... and yes registered copies have been leaked. That's why the security needs to be tighter. As far as "pissing off the loyal customers who don't hack atomix", that's me too. What do you think we deserve a medal for not hacking it. OH congrats on everyone who didn't steal something today. That attitude is juvenile and egocentric. I'm sorry that you feel so strongly, and yes I stand by the opinion that you should try out other software. I do. It's part of being an informed customer.

-Saint James

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 8:11 pm
I was just about to write a reply after reading the first few posts and then I saw DJ Effekt's post and that stopped me. He said EVERYTHING I was going to say. No idiot is going to take the beta to a club, it would be for home use only. They can still continue to take 1.12 to the clubs, since they would be doing that whether the beta was released or not. Not all people are braindead, who's egocentric now St. knobbo??

As for the piracy issue, the beta would be no more crackable than the current version, and as for the full atomix program being available on the net, I'd give money to anyone who can find it!

As for trying other programs, before being juvenile and suggesting we should them, be careful, we might just do it. I am looking forward to the new release of traktor, and if it fulfils my expectations, i will buy it. Its not a money issue.

DJ Effekt is right, people will start going, one by one. Believe it. The other programs are catching up fast, especially with Atomix taking an aeon to release new versions. Add together the insolence and disrespect we get from the so-called 'Atomix Team' it would make sense for us to go elsewhere, rather than stay where our money is not wanted. Or at least, it is wanted, unfortunately, its the customer who isn't wanted, after they've handed over their cash.

As for the excuse of not releasing the beta for competetive reasons....WAKE UP! The current version of Atomix doesn't even have an equalizer, all other DJ programs do, what exactly are they going to steal from the new version that they don't have already!!!!??????

Stop the pathetic, whining, annoying and customer losing excuses and do something. QUICKLY.

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 9:40 pm
ICQ is not intended for use in a professional performance, unlike atomix.

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 9:50 pm

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 10:06 pm
(nt = no text)

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 10:07 pm
What the hells wrong with this damn forum

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 10:07 pm

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 10:08 pm
ICQ is not intended for use in a professional performance, unlike atomix.*---We would not use the beta in clubs, it would just use it in our bedrooms to keep us happy while we wait the long wait for the full release of the new version, we are not all braindead, who's being egocentric now, knobbo??

Hopefully, when you get a gig, you'll have the peace of mind knowing that the software was not released early.. like your mentors over at ICQ.*---WE WILL NOT BE USING IT IN CLUBS, CLUB DJ'S WOULD CONTINUE USING 1.12 AS THEY WOULD BE DOING IF A BETA WAS NOT RELEASED. Oh, and by the way, ICQ is far more popular than Atomix will ever be. I wonder why...

While it is a lovely attempt at a comparison, the two have very little in common, besides they both run on a computer.*---Irrelevant, the principle is the same.

Besides that, what entitles you to the beta or the update. You paid for the current version, and you received it. Anything extra, such as free upgrades for 1.xx, is just a bonus to be received as available. So until it is released you have no claim to it.*---I'll tell you what entitles me to it, the money i paid for it, thats what. I bought it on the understanding that all upgrades would be free, therefore I have not just paid for one version, but for many. I have claim to anything and everything that I pay for.

Go buy some turntables and a mixer while you wait, or buy traktor, or pcdj.... ([oh wait those are all too expensive.]*---GROW UP). Nevermind, just enjoy the product you have*---I bought atomix so that I would not have to purchase turntables or other programs.

Keep on making excuses for your mentors at Atomix, St. boy, so I can keep on correcting you. You can fight a losing battle, but you cannot WIN one.

*_MiXmAsTeR_*

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 10:10 pm
There are 4 anonymous messages that only have the beginning sentence of my post on them, and one with no text, it was the arrow i had used causing the problem, i changed it for an asterisk in the end. Please feel free to delete them.

The deletable messages are the ones that just have ---ICQ is not intended for use in a professional performance, unlike atomix.---written in them. Just to clarify. Please delete them, I was not trying to be funny or trying to flood the topic.

geposted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 10:13 pm
I just don't understand why you think you have claim to something that doesn not exist. The version is unreleased. Yes, you bought the product under the premise that you would have free upgrades, but one has not been released. When it does, yes it's yours.

As for the threat that others might go buy other products.... yes do. If traktor suddenly becomes better than atomix, I'll buy it too. Then we can go in their forum and bitch because they haven't released anything new in a while. Why stick with an inferior product.

Your right, real dj's wouldn't use the beta at a club... I have never used atomix at a club, you see I spin on tables. Atomix is for home use, you still don't want a bugged version when your recording a cd, etc.. what's the point? So maybe, when the new version is released I'll try it at a club. And then if you in California, you can come to one of the clubs I'm resident at and see how it goes... I'll even put you on the guest list.

There is no war, battle or otherwise going on here... I'm a user, your a user and we're discussing our opinions on the product we both use, so please say what you have to say. Hell, keep resorting to insults and name calling if it makes you feel better. Just keep playing music, that's what we're here to do.

-Saint James
a.k.a. St. Knobbo
a.k.a. St. boy
a.k.a. St. what-ever-you-think-of-next

geposted Thu 09 Aug 01 @ 1:16 am
I think most of us are tired of the excuse that they only want to release asolid stable full version, when really we all want to try out the beat and actually HELP out.

Most of us have vastly different PC setups, and we COULD find more bugs than a closed beta, so this stability argument is bull, cos obviously the more beta testers, the more bugs you can find and fix, THEN it would be more stable.

On the positive side, there hasn't been a release delay this long since the Virtual DJ- Atomix move, so with a little luck we'll get a similar upgrade.

Last time, it took the infantile virtual DJ and made it into the club-worthy product atomix, and when that happend I dropped VTT and switched to atomix.... I'm hoping that a similar leap will occur, for atomix sake, cos the competition is getting tougher, and whilst I'd currently rather listen to 200 hours of Julio Iglesas than use the seriously flawed Traktor, the next version might make the grade, just like vDJ made the grade when it turned to atomix

But customer satisfaction breeds loyalty, and in a close race I'd rather stick with the company that treats it's users with the most respect.

The free and unexpected upgrade from vDJ to atomix really impressed me on that count, but if eel that this prolonged "it'll be here soon" without any betas to show those of us who have supported atomix that they do value our support, can only erode their reputation for treating their customers well....

And if you think all this "we want a beta" bull is dissing the atomix team or just us being selfish, then think for a minute...

We wouldn't CARE this much about a beta, that we can't use in a club, if we didn't CARE this much about atomix....

DJ EffeKt
www.exilez.com

geposted Thu 09 Aug 01 @ 11:49 am
I would like to say that I don't really care when the next version is coming out. I can wait. But I would like to know what I am waiting for.

Is it going to be that big of an improvement?

Will it give me more room for creativity?

Is it worth the wait? (highly subjective! It might have been worth it six months ago. But is it really worth it half a year later? We all have different expectations.)

"Be patient. It's worth it.", doesn't cut it anymore.

Atomixmp3 is a good program. But in my opinion, its only half finished. There is so much more that needs to be added.

- Jim Nordic

geposted Thu 09 Aug 01 @ 2:55 pm
51%