Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 8 beats loop error! Help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

zareHome userMember since 2005
I have VirtualDJ 3.1 and always when I put 8 beats loop in the song the program gives me a message about fattal error! What can I do? I have 2.8ghz, pentium 3 and 2 sound cards! Please help me!

geposted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 6:34 pm
Hi Zare,

Was the looping made at the end of a song? (i.e. less than 8 beats to be played in the song.) If so, this is indeed a bug which has already been communicated to the dev team. For the time being, you cannot loop more than the number of beats remaining to be played in a song.

For example, if there are 30 beats left in the song, you could loop 8 or 16 beats, but not 32.

If you attempted to loop 8 beats anywhere else in the song, then I'd be looking at another problem outside of the software.

On the other hand, if you're trying to load a sample in the turntable, and this sample has been analysed as having less than 8 beats total, you cannot loop it 8 beats because you will get a fatal error.

Internodal.

geposted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 6:41 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You mean you have the demo?. Or have you not put your serial number into your profile?.

geposted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 7:00 pm
How can you have a Pentium 3 2.8GHZ? I think you mean P4

but the bug exists like internodal said earlier its known and being worked on by the dev team.

geposted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 7:28 pm
I have put the loop at the start of a song. I get error always when I put 8 beats loop in the song. At the strat in the middle,... I don`t know what to do!

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 9:35 am
Their is a solution for this problem but my question?

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 10:07 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Zare let's make it clear first as Bagpuss suggested: Which version of VDj are you using?

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 10:20 am
Well, Zare, that's a very curious issue.

I have tried to reproduce the bug you described, but the software turned out to be flawless.

The only way I managed to get a fatal error was, as mentioned earlier, if I tried looping more beats that the number of beats remaining to be played in a song.

I can only guess, in your case, it could be an O/S or hardware problem. It could be anything. Maybe someone who's had hardware issues could help you better.

On another note, if you're using a crack to unlock the software (which I'm NOT saying you are), then it may not be entirely stable. Whether you're using the demo version or a crack is none of my business. But, I know for certain that the full version is quite good and very stable in almost every way. The demo version is also supposed to work like the full version, except for a few limitations. But, I doubt the demo would crash at the first sign of a loop.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Internodal.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 10:24 am
Bugpuss I am using Trial verion of virtual DJ but i am scared if i buy it that Virtual DJ wont work.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 12:55 pm
Everyone note that this has nothing to do with the loop bug when the length exceeds the songs remaning duration, this is a problem which has been reported before, It should only occur on an 8 beat loop, not 16, 32 etc.

1. I think this bug is associated with certain cracked versions as 3 out of the 4 people that have had this problem were "No license users", So If you are useing a crack it's because of that, in which case the solution is to buy the FULL version from this site.

However, I'll take your word that you are running a demo.

2. Go into config and make sure to adjust "MAX LOAD" to "ALWAYS", this loads the track into complete memory regardless of it's length, this is the reccomended setting if you have enough RAM, and could fix your problem, also it is advisable to scan all your tracks before loading them onto a deck.

or

3. You didn't mention RAM, if you have 512mb of RAM or over this shouldn't be a problem, increasing Virtual memory is always a useful thing to do too!, however if your memory is lower than this then please inform us.

or the most likely

4. Are you seperating 2 channels and utilizing them sound cards of yours?, i.e playing music back from the speakers whilst pre-listening the other deck, their is a special driver you need to make this work, I'll find you the link if this is the case.

Please get back to us.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 2:20 pm
@all members: Please don't bring it to the forums attention if you believe their is a problem with a part of my post.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 2:23 pm
I am seperating chanells.So I would be very grateful if you give me a link. Thanks!

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 2:31 pm
zare sorry you can't do that with the trial version

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 2:38 pm
Zare, I'm really sorry but it has now come to our attention that you are in fact useing a cracked version, as the demo version doesn't allow you to seperate the 2 channels.

Every single cracked version has bugs, they differ, but each have their deliberate or non deliberate bugs, If you want to use VDJ trouble free or even proffesionaly you'll need to BUY THE FULL VERSION.

It is a very affordable and a worth while product, and buying the product supports it's development, If everyone here had a crack their would be no version 3.1... I assure you, so If more and more people use the buggy/illegal cracks then we might not see a version 4.

Hope to see you as a FULL REGISTERED USER SOON.

Regards Bagpuss.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 2:39 pm
I second that motion, Bagpuss.

Zare, I'm not paid by anyone to sell anything. Bagpuss and I are not here to hard-sell the software to you. But, the fact is, lots of cracks are unstable and/or incomplete pieces of software.

I can only tell you, if you're serious about buying the software, then go for it. You won't regret your decision.

Hope to see you as a full registered member soon!

Internodal.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 7:47 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice work Bagpuss!
I saw how you were baiting the line and then reeled him right in, flapping his gills.

@zare: no offense intended toward you, as I'm sure you'll make the right choice and purchase the full version. We all have paid and are happy with VDJ, and just want to make sure the developers aren't ripped off.
Also, I can assure you that I use the loop function quite frequently and it has never caused me to crash! You do have me wondering though, what would happen if I tried to loop in a song that doesn't have BPM's figured (sometimes, though rarely, VDJ will not be able to determine the BPM for a song and leaves that field blank.) If it's a dead night at the club tonight or tomorrow, and I come across and un-BPM-able song, I will try it and report back next week.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 10:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)