Firmware & DriversFirmware
: Please install the latest firmware for Opus-Quad
from Pioneer Dj
: Install the latest drivers for Windows
computers from Pioneer Dj
users do not need to install any drivers.
VirtualDJ SetupDownload and install VirtualDJ from our Downloads Page
(in case you have not done already)
Once VirtualDJ is launched, a Login Window will appear. Please login with your preferred method from the ones provided.
A Pro Infinity or a Pro Subscription License is required to fully use the Pioneer Opus-Quad.
Without any of the above Licenses, the controller will operate for 10 minutes each time you restart VirtualDJ.
Buy a license A detection window will appear next verifying proper connection with the Opus-Quad.
Have your speakers connected to the rear-panel of Opus-Quad and click on the "Opus-Quad" button for VirtualDJ to apply the predefined audio setup with the built-in sound card of the Pioneer Opus-Quad. You can still change that from Settings->AUDIO tab.
Select the Software Control mode from the Opus-Quad if the relative message appears.
- Press the SOURCE button located at the top right side, next to the main Display
- Select the SOFTWARE CONTROL mode
- Press the LOAD 1/3 button at the right side of the Display
- Press the LOAD 2/4 button at the right side of the Display
Click to OK.
The unit is now ready to operate.
The unit should be visible in the CONTROLLERS tab of Config and the “factory default” should be available/selected from the Mappings drop-down list. The factory default Mapping offers the functions described in this Manual, however those can be adjusted to your needs via VDJ Script actions.
Find more details at VDJ Pedia
The unit has a pre-defined Audio setup and a special button in the AUDIO tab of Config to provide that. Alternative Audio setups can be applied in the same window.
For further software settings please refer to the Manuals
Even though the Pioneer Opus-Quad is capable of sending MIDI signals from all faders, buttons and knobs, the mixer part of the unit is not controlling the internal mixer of VirtualDJ. The audio mixing is operated from the hardware
The Crossfader, Equalizer, Filter, Volume faders etc. will move the relative faders of the VirtualDJ GUI, but not vice versa (Fake mixer mode)S SHIFT
. Hold this button down to access secondary functions of the Pioneer Opus-Quad.
The functionality of each button, knob and slider per section (as shown in the image above) will be explained in detail in the following chapters A. Mixer & Effects B. Deck Controls C. Browser & Main Display D. Front & Rear Panels
BROWSER & MAIN DISPLAY
Please note that "PLAYLIST" and "TAG LIST" buttons don't send MIDI and they are reserved only for stand alone operation with USB flash drives.
- SMOOTH ECHO: Press this button to enable a Smooth Echo effect when performing some operations on OPUS-QUAD (Hardware operation).
Hold down this button to enter a menu that you can adjust when the Smooth Echo effect will get triggered (Hardware Operation).
- SMOOTH ECHO LEVEL: Adjust the amount of the Smooth Echo effect.
- SHORTCUT: Use this button to show some additional settings for Display view.
Hold this button down for more than one second to enter the unit's UTILITY menu to adjust various operations of OPUS-QUAD (Hardware operation)
- BEAT FX: Use this button to show a screen where you can apply Beat Effects in various timing combined with a Filter Effect (Hardware operation)
- WAVEFORM: Use this button to return to the main view of the display, that shows the waveforms of the tracks.
- SOURCE: Press this button to select the source for a deck. You can either select to load tracks from a USB flash drive (stand alone operation) or from a software deck.
To use a deck with VirtualDJ you need to select "SOFTWARE CONTROL" and then use the LOAD buttons select and confirm that a deck is assigned to VirtualDJ.
- BROWSE: Press this button to display the Browser view on the Display. Press again to return to the Main (waves/decks) view.
- BACK: Press this button to set focus to the Folders list of VirtualDJ Browser and get the Folders view on the Display. If focus is on Folders, use this button to expand/collapse sub-folders
Hold SHIFT down and then push this button to load the previous used folder in Songs view.
- TAG TRACK: Press this button to add the track that's selected on the browser on the Playlist (Automix) list.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to add the track that's selected on the browser on the Sidelist.
Press and hold this button down for one second to open/close the File Info window on the Browser of the VirtualDJ GUI which shows additional track information.
- BROWSE/ZOOM: When in Main (waves/decks) view, use this rotary to zoom the waves in/out.
When in Browser view, use this rotary to scroll through folders and tracks.
Tilt the rotary to the left or right to scroll between Folders list, Song list and Sideview List.
Tilt the rotary up or down to scroll 5 items at a time
Push the rotary in to switch focus to Song list.
Hold SHIFT down and then tilt the rotary left or right to cycle through the available lists of Sideview (Automix, Sidelist, Sampler, Karaoke and Shortcuts)
Hold SHIFT down press the rotary in, to switch focus to the Sideview.
- LOAD: Use these buttons to load the selected track to either left or right deck. Fast double press these buttons to clone the other deck to the respective deck.
The display of the OPUS-QUAD is not a full touchscreen, but there are a few operations offered by pressing some areas on the display.
- SONG PROGRESS WAVE : Touch and scroll though this area to seek through Track. When Track is audible, this operation is blocked by default. You can unlock this operation from VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS. See OPUS-QUAD Settings
- BEAT FX ASSIGN : Touch this area to select on which deck the Beat Effects of the unit will be assigned to (Hardware Operation)
- CHANNEL SOURCE / CROSSFADER ASSIGN : Touch this area to select the source of each mixer channel of OPUS-QUAD (applies only on channels 3 & 4) and their crossfader assignment (hardware operation)
- DECK INFO : Tap this area to get the Loaded Track Info view. Tap again to return to Main (waves/decks) view.
There are a few options available for the OPUS-QUAD, to unlock Needle Search on the display, turn off auto-switch to Deck view after loading a Track, or adjust which times are controlled by the "Vinyl Speed" control.
Open VirtualDJ Settings
, select the OPTIONS
tab and then the CONTROLLER
sub-category. OPUS-QUAD Settings - OPTIONS tab
This option is useful to prevent accidental track jumps when the Needle (Song Progress Wave on Display) is accidentally touched while the deck is audible.
setting is set to Yes
(default selection), the Needle is locked and touching the Song Progress will have no effect when the deck is audible on air. If the deck is not audible then touching Song Progress wave works and allows you to seek through the track.
setting is set to No
, the Needle is unlocked and you can touch the Song Progress wave and jump to a position on the loaded track regardless if the deck is audible or not.
BROWSER VIEW SWITCH
setting is set to Yes
(default selection), the Browser view Switch is set to Automatic. In this mode, when a Track is selected and loaded to a Deck, the Decks/Waves view will be automatically offered without pressing any other buttons.
setting is set to No
, the Browser view Switch is set to Manual and the Browser View will remain active after loading a track. In this case either the WAVEFORM or the BROWSE button next to the Main Display needs to be manually pressed to return to the Decks/Waves view.
This option allows you to select which ramp times are controlled by the "Vinyl Speed" knob on the decks area of the OPUS QUAD.
setting is set to Touch
, (default value) the "Vinyl Speed" knob adjusts the time that the tracks needs to come to a complete stop after pausing the deck.
setting is set to Release
, the "Vinyl Speed" knob adjusts the time that the tracks needs to come to full speed after starting the deck.
setting is set to Both
, the "Vinyl Speed" knob adjusts both the time that the tracks needs to come to full speed after starting the deck, and the time that the tracks needs to come to a complete stop after pausing the deck.
Browser Show Artist
setting is set to Yes
(default selection), the Browser on the Opus Quad screen will show the tracks formatted as "Artist - Title"
setting is set to No
, the Browser on the Opus Quad screen will show the tracks formatted as "Title" only.
For further Technical features and specifications, visit Pioneer OPUS-QUAD
Hardware Integration Department 2023 - ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS Reproduction of this manual in full or in part without written permission from Atomix Productions is prohibited.