PIONEER DDJ-WEGO4 for VirtualDJ 8.2+ Last Update : September 2016
Firmware & DriversFirmware
: Firmware: Update the firmware of the unit to the latest version from Pioneer DjDrivers: (Windows only)
Install the latest drivers from Pioneer Dj
VirtualDJ 8 SetupDownload and install VirtualDJ 8 from our Downloads Page
(in case you have not done already)
Once VirtualDJ 8 is launched, a Login Window will appear. Login with your virtualdj.com account credentials. A Pro Infinity, a Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4 Plus or a Pro Subscription License is required to fully use the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4
Without any of the above Licenses, the controller will operate for 10 minutes each time you restart VirtualDJ.
Buy a license
The Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4 is also operating with the bundled VirtualDJ Limited Edition.
Read further about the procedure required for VirtualDJ 8 LE at the Limited Edition Chapter A detection window will appear next, asking to use or not the pre-defined audio setup with the built-in sound card of the DDJ-WeGO4 Click on the "Use Soundcard" if your speakers are connected to the Master Output of the DDJ-WeGO4.
You can still make changes in the Audio setup from VirtualDJ Settings->AUDIO tab.
Click to OK.
An additional Enter Keycode button will be available if the VirtualDJ 8 Limited Edition is installed. The unit is now ready to operate.
Advanced SetupMIDI Operation
The unit should be visible in the CONTROLLERS tab of Config and the “factory default” available/selected from the Mappings drop-down list. The factory default Mapping offers the functions described in this Manual, however those can be adjusted to your needs via VDJ Script actions.
Find more details at
VDJ PediaAUDIO Setup
The unit has a pre-defined Audio setup and a special button in the AUDIO tab of Config to provide that. Alternative Audio setups can be applied in the same window.
For further software settings please refer to the Manuals
of VirtualDJ 8.
LAYOUT Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4 layout S. SHIFT.
Hold this button down to access secondary functions of the DDJ-WeGO4 (mainly in white lettering)
The functionality of each button, knob and connection per section (as shown in the image above) will be explained in detail in the next chapters
Mixer & Browser Controls
- CROSSFADER: Blends audio (& video if LINK is enabled from the VIDEO panel of VirtualDJ 8 GUI) between the left and the right VirtualDJ decks.
- VOLUME: Channel Volume Faders. Faders alter the sound of the left and right software deck.
- A-B-MASTER (CUE/PFL): Use these buttons to select which deck(s) and/or the Master Output will be sent to the Headphones Channel.
Press the A or/and B CUE buttons to send this channel's pre-fader signal to the Headphones Channel for monitoring. When engaged, the buttons will be lit.
Press the MASTER CUE button to send the Master Output to the Headphones Channel.
- FILTER: Apply a lowpass/highpass resonance filter on the left or right deck.
- EQ LOW: Adjusts the low (bass) frequencies of the left or right deck.
- EQ HI: Adjusts the high (treble) frequencies of the left or right deck.
- LOAD: Load the selected track from BROWSER to the left or right VirtualDJ deck.
- BROWSE Knob/push:
Use this knob to scroll through files. Push the knob to toggle between the normal Decks view and the Browser Zoom panel of the VirtualDJ GUI.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this knob to scroll through the folders. While SHIFT is pressed, push the knob to open/close sub-folders.
- HEADPHONES VOLUME: Controls the level of the Headphones Output Channel. The knob is not controlling the Headphones Output level of the software mixer (Hardware operation), therefore it will not move the corresponding knob in the VirtualDJ GUI.
- MIC VOLUME. Controls the level of the Microphone Input. The Microphone Input is not handled by the software (Hardware Operation), therefore no Microphone Operation is available via the VirtualDJ GUI.
- MASTER VOLUME: Adjust the level of the Master Output. The knob is not controlling the Master Output level of the software (hardware operation), therefore it will not move the corresponding knob in the VirtualDJ GUI.
- ON/STANDBY. Press this button to turn the WeGO4 on (green led), and use the same button to set the unit in Stand By (red led)
- PLAY: Plays-Pauses the track.
- CUE: If the track is playing, pauses and goes to the last cue point. If the track is paused, sets the current position as cue point, and previews the cue as long as the button is pressed.
If SHIFT is pressed, it jumps to the beginning of the track.
- JOG: Touch sensitive platter for scratching, bending, and seeking through the song.
Use the touch (top) area of the Jog to scratch the track and the outer part to bend (temporary speed up/down). The Jog can operate also only in Bend mode if the VINYL mode is disabled from the VirtualDJ GUI.
Hold SHIFT down and then use the Jog to fast search through the track.
- SYNC: Syncs the deck with the opposite Deck (will match BPM value and Beatgrid if tracks are playing).
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to beat tap (manually set the tempo of the track if calculated incorrectly by VirtualDJ)
- PITCH: Adjusts the tempo of the track. A different pitch range can be selected from the VirtualDJ GUI.
- LOOP HALF. Use this button to half the size of the Loop in beats.
- LOOP. Use this button to trigger the selected Loop and use the same button to exit.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to create a manual loop. On first press, a Loop In (Entry) point will be set and the LOOP IN button of the GUI will be lit. On 2nd press, a Loop Out (Exit) point will be set and the manual loop will be enabled. Press this button again (3rd time) to exit the loop.
- LOOP DOUBLE. Use this button to double the size of the Loop in beats.
- FX1: Press this button to activate momentarily the selected effect of slot 1. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to select the next available Effect from the list for Effect slot 1.
- FX2: Press this button to activate momentarily the selected effect of slot 2. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to select the next available Effect from the list for Effect slot 2
- FX3: Press this button to activate momentarily the selected effect of slot 3. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to select the next available Effect from the list for Effect slot 3
- SAMPLER MODE. Use this button to toggle between the Sampler and the HotCue mode for the HotCue/Sampler buttons (25).
- HOTCUE/SAMPLES (1-4). The 4 numbered buttons offer different functionality depending on the selected mode (24).
In HotCue mode, each one of the 4 buttons assigns Hot Cue Point (1 to 4) or returns the track to that Hot Cue Point if the HotCue is assigned.
When a Hot Cue Button is unlit, you can assign a Hot Cue Point by pressing it at the desired point in your track.
Hold SHIFT down and then press a button to delete its assigned Hot Cue Point.
In Sampler mode, each one of the 4 buttons triggers a Sample from the selected Sampler Bank of VirtualDJ. If the selected bank has less than 5 samples, both sides of the DDJ-WeGO4 will control the same samples. If the selected Sampler bank has more than 4 samples, the left side of the DDJ-WeGO4 will control samples 1 to 4 and the right side will control samples 5 to 8.
The trigger/playing behavior depends on the selected Trigger mode of the Bank (On/Off, Hold, Stutter or Unmute) and can be changed from the VirtualDJ Browser in the Sampler view of the Side View.
Hold SHIFT down and then use the same buttons to play-stutter the sample.
Side & Rear Panels
- PHONES SOCKET. Connect your 1/4" or 1/8" headphones to this output for cueing and mix monitoring.
- DC-IN: Connect the supplied AC Adaptor. The Power Adapter is not necessary to use with VirtualDJ. It is required only if you are operating with an iOS Application. Use the On/Off/Standby button at the top panel to turn the unit on/off.
- USB. This USB connection sends and receives audio and control information from a connected computer.
- IOS-DEVICE. Connect your i-Phone or i-Pad (used by other iOS applications – not used by VirtualDJ)
- MASTER OUTPUT (RCA): Use standard RCA cables to connect this output to a speaker or amplifier system. The level of this output is controlled by the Master knob on the top panel.
- MIC INPUT. Connect a 1/4" microphone to this input. This input's audio signal is routed directly to the Master Output of the DDJ-WeGO4 and its level is controlled by the MIC VOL knob at the top panel.
No special configuration is required in the Audio setup of VirtualDJ in order to record and/or broadcast your mix with the DDJ-WeGO4. Simply use the REC
button in the MASTER
center panel of the VirtualDJ GUI to start/stop recording.
Note that the Microphone Input
of the DDJ-WeGO4 cannot be recorded
as its sound is mixed directly with the master output by the firmware of the device (hardware operation).
The DDJ-WeGO4 is bundled with VirtualDJ LE
The Limited Edition has no time limit, and the DDJ-WeGO4 will fully control VirtualDJ. However some features will not be available.
See more details on our FAQ
If you don’t own a Pro Infinity, a Plus or a Pro Subscription license, use the following link to download and install VirtualDJ 8 LE, by entering the VirtualDJ 8 LE Keycode
that came with your unit.VirtualDJ 8 LE Download
Follow these setup instructions
Hardware Integration Department 2016 - ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS Reproduction of this manual in full or in part without written permission from Atomix Productions is prohibited.