Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Port 8000 settings for broadcast
Iam78Home userMember since 2024
Hi all,I'm fairly new and I just can't seem to get my way around this up port settings.. I'm at a point now where I fear messing up my PC! So please,is anyone willing to help take me step by step through the firewall process right from tatting up my PC?? It's so frustrating cos I'm super excited to get in! Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance!!

geposted Mon 20 May 24 @ 9:16 am
Iam78Home userMember since 2024
Also,how in heavens name of I find my streamkey on Facebook?

geposted Mon 20 May 24 @ 9:18 am
Iam78 wrote :
Also,how in heavens name of I find my streamkey on Facebook?

When you hit "Go Live" on Facebook, it takes you to the LiveStream page, where you can find the stream key under "Settings" (in the Advanced Settings section, you can make the Stream Key permanent as well between sessions (it isn't by default)).

Other things to note:

• When you start the stream in OBS or VirtualDJ, etc, that does not automatically start streaming to Facebook
    You have to go back to the FaceBook LiveStream page and click "Go Live" again to allow the stream to go to your page
  • FaceBook algorithms are actively monitoring stream content for copyrighted content
    They actively notify you of this and restrict access to your video/even switch it off if such is found in your stream. You'll have to hit "Resume" and even then your video isn't publicly available. It's honestly not worth it for general content DJ mixes IMO but you're free to come to your own conclusion

I'll leave the firewall config suggestions to the Windows users of this forum.

geposted Mon 20 May 24 @ 4:00 pm

geposted Mon 20 May 24 @ 4:02 pm

geposted Mon 20 May 24 @ 4:04 pm
Thank you so,so very much!!! Greatly appreciative for your assistance!! From a windy&chilli Cape town, South Africa... Have a great night!

geposted Tue 21 May 24 @ 12:01 am