Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Idea: AI Trained on VDJ Forums and VDJ Script
If I can be honest, I find the using the search on this site for info in the forums to usually be fairly useless and having to Google search "[thing that I want] virtualdj" gets annoying quite quickly. What if there was an AI that was trained on the forums here? I'm thinking kind of like Bing/Copilot for citing sources, but specifically for Virtual DJ's site and forums where there is a ton of information about using VritualDJ. Oh, and maybe one that understands the scripting in super deep detail -- that way locodog isn't the only line of communication with the depth of knowledge to own all of the super crazy scripting support requests ;-)

geposted Thu 02 May 24 @ 3:49 am

geposted Fri 03 May 24 @ 2:35 pm
The forum search is grim. Seriously needs some TLC. Better to use Google specifying the site as its far more accurate

geposted Fri 03 May 24 @ 5:29 pm
For searching it would be fairly easy to setup with copilot, although search optimization engines may be better than an "AI" based one (AI based is almost never the best solution for specific problems)

For learning a scripting language, I don't think nearly enough VDJ script exists in the world to be able to create a copilot like experience. It will need millions of examples to train on, with meta data on what they do

geposted Sun 05 May 24 @ 6:21 pm
Agreed. Glad it's not just me that finds the forum antiquated.
I suggest we ask Locodog is he would mind being fed to the AI machine just like in a Superman 3? For the greater good and all that. :D

geposted Tue 07 May 24 @ 3:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
...6502 architecture and an ethanol based power supply...

Yeah forum search is kind of bad, it doesn't help that a lot of searches would be 3 char abbreviations, Field types author, date range, "exact quote", would be useful, honestly google is getting kind of bad at search results these days too.

I keep browser bookmarks of everything I find interesting and I try rework interesting script concepts into the script school thread, I know I prattle on but if you pick up some language fluency from that thread you become easy to answer.

One day it'll [a.i.] get there [probably by derping around with 'network control' plugin], until then, I run on beer & I won't trade your browsing data to advertisers.

geposted Tue 07 May 24 @ 4:28 pm
Apologize in advance, if hijacking the thread..

Thinking of what one would wish AI to do..

Would love for an AI assistant to set cues and loops, after it has trained on the style/method, from the currently 5000+ prepared tracks.
(would be unique to each DJ)

And one could just review the AI set cues, .... with any corrections leading to additional learning/accuracy.

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 10:59 am