Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: continous play when holding th....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
continous play when holding or turning the virtual turntable anticlockwise..
current action is that when u hold the virtual turntable and release it it "pauses" and continues from where u held it.

suggested action is: holding the virtual then releasing it, play continues from where it would be without the hold.

i remember a thread were someone said one of the hardware cd players has the ability to do this.
this feature would be a dream dream dream for the scratch heads...

geposted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 1:49 pm
but this could prove to be a nightmare for people who use that to cue from, so it being switchable between what suits best would be better

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 1:37 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well if it's added as an additional feature (which means disabled by default!) and that a on/off button could be added to the skin (like on a CD player), there should be no problem.

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 2:35 pm
like erxon says the on/off button would work. i dont see cueing being a problem even with it being on.
one practical use for this feature could be to create clean edited tracks without having to load the instrumental of the same track on the other deck...
there'r tons of other ways the feature could be used for.

geposted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 1:15 am
yeah thats what i meant.. if it was selectable between on and off, and then people can choose what they like best..

geposted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 1:48 am
whoever this feature could be made possibly it would be so powerful and bring users to tears...

geposted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 2:08 am
VPCDJ,

You have made some really informative posts on this forums and this is one of them. I think this would be a great idea, especially for those using TCV's (like myself :D) or anyone who loves to scratch. An on and off button integrated into the TCV skins would be great.

I magine it (if you can) and you will see how great it would be. Turntablists would absolutely love it. It would be like saving a piece of the song in memory for use only to scratch with.

A workaround is to load the same track in both players and loop the part that you want to scratch on the left player while playing the track on the right player. It would still be better to be able to mix in a different track on the right player and not having it tied up, but its just a workaround.

If a feature like the one suggested is implemented it would attract MANY more vinyl users to VDJ in my opinion.

Killabee44

geposted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 12:59 am
yeah killerbee i'm happy a full version user is backing me up on this one. and especially u who has turntables. and scratches.
u know the way with turntables a dj scratches in the beginning of a song and takes records on each player back and stuff... when getting out of the scratching... (to ease monotony) the dj gets a hold of one of the tables for scratching while the other one plays to keep the song going while scratching... now imagine being able to scratch with continuity on the same deck. **shades tear**
coz one thing the girls dong like with scratching is that it "takes them back" in a song with them singing to a song.

or being able to create a cue (while the song is still advancing once released).

this feature could be used to mix out songs in a way that sounds very complicated. coz most people only use both songs on both decks in the beginning. scratch mixing out a song with this feature would make it sound like the dj's using at least 3 turntables.

a keyboard on/off shortcut makes things even better. i think mouse usage slows down users.

I'm sure that would totally blow vinyl djs away. they'd cry foul that its cheating even tho some use mixers with samplers. well the cheating part doesnt matter to the strict vinyl heads coz we'r using a computer anyway. with this feature one would be able to manipulate the 'sample' or song in memory as u put it.

"If a feature like the one suggested is implemented it would attract MANY more vinyl users to VDJ in my opinion."
^^ yes sirrr.

geposted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 8:18 pm
^ that was my post. i dont get what happened.

geposted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 8:20 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's because you took too much time to write your post.
If you write long posts it's easier to write it on a text editor (notepad for example) then past it onto the forum next. ;)

geposted Sun 13 Feb 05 @ 3:56 pm
bump bump j

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 3:43 am
later posters: Isn't that a bug in IE? I use Firefox and has not ever experienced that problem.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 4:58 pm
bump bump bump

geposted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 9:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)