Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: settings profile

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

vdj asks which settings profile to load.

this is a huge step up to on boot skin chooser.

screen starts up like this..

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Virutl DJ Pro V 5.3.0 email@registered.com

a. always ask[x]
b. boot last profile[x]
c. create new profile
d. delete profile

1. home
2. music edit
3. basic
4. pro
---------------------------------------------------------------------

user can click with mouse on skin name or press keyboard number associated with profile name.

create new profile opens up "settings". user changes settings in any/all tabs and when done, clicks on ok. pop up screen loads asking where to save settings and under what name. by default profiles are saved to a file in my documents\virutal dj\profiles\

delete profile moves profile to my documents\virutal dj\profiles\old\

user can also create shortcut: "virtualdj.exe/3" to automatically load virtual dj with profile 3

here are some example setups for profile loading

1. home setup
sound setup [input: none; output: single output; sound card: simple sound; sound card: conexant AMC audio]
options: [crossfader: Full; auto update: enabled; charts: enable]
performances: "fastest"
skin: VirtualDJ:Basic
keyboard shortcuts: default.xml
network: no synchronization
remote control: numark dmc2
boot then scan hdd: no

2. music edit
sound setup [input: none; output: single output; sound card: simple sound card: conexant AMC audio]
options: [crossfader: Full; auto update: enabled; charts:enable]
performances: "fastest"
skin: Ex:900x600
keyboard shortcuts: default.xml
network: local synchronization
remote control: numark dmc2
boot then scan hdd: no

3. basic
sound setup [input: none; output:headphones; sound card: DJConsole MK2; output channels: master ch1&2 / headphones: ch3&4]
options: [crossfader: Full; auto update: disabled; auto pitch matching:always]
performances: "2 from fastest"
skin: OverFlow Ex 1.4:1440x900
keyboard shortcuts: pro.xml
remote control: hercules dj console mk2
boot then scan hdd: yes

4. pro
sound setup [input: none; output:external mixer; sound card: asio; asio driver: denon dj asio driver; output channels: left deck ch1&2 / right deck: ch3&4]
options: [cross fader: disabled; auto update: disabled; auto pitch matching:disabled]
performances: best quality
skin: OverFlow Ex 1.4:1440x900
keyboard shortcuts: pro.xml
remote control: denon hc4500
boot then scan hdd: yes

DJ Shahar

geposted Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 2:49 pm
ffelixHome userMember since 2009
This would be awesome!

geposted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 4:29 am
thank you for the support.

geposted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 10:52 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1 I totally agree

geposted Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 9:18 pm
djkz wrote :
vdj asks which settings profile to load.

this is a huge step up to on boot skin chooser.

thats a good idea..

would make it easier to set things for different uses.. IE: one day your doing a wedding and the next a school dance..
A person would want their keyboard shortcuts, skin, Samples, and etc etc to be different between those two types of shows..

a really good idea!

geposted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:20 pm
+1 from me on this.

I use different monitors, and i wanted the skin chooser to be expanded for all skins, and not just the internal ones, but this goes a few steps further and you can have sound profiles, and more...

but wait...

does VDJ store the preferences in the registry?
is yes, then are they in current user, or for all users?

geposted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 6:21 pm
I was planning to make a program which did this (and some more) but abandoned the idea when my main computer died - still haven't got around to getting new parts. The idea would be this:

The program replaces the Virtual DJ shortcuts and runs in the background. Opening the new shortcut provides the same function as the Virtual DJ shortcut unless you are holding the CTRL, ALT or Shift keys when opening the shortcut. If you do press a key, the program is displayed where you could choose a skin (which has a skin preview to boot), performance settings or change sample banks.

Is there an interest in having these features as a seperate program?

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 3:33 am
Andrew87 wrote :
I was planning to make a program which did this (and some more) but abandoned the idea when my main computer died - still haven't got around to getting new parts. The idea would be this:

The program replaces the Virtual DJ shortcuts and runs in the background. Opening the new shortcut provides the same function as the Virtual DJ shortcut unless you are holding the CTRL, ALT or Shift keys when opening the shortcut. If you do press a key, the program is displayed where you could choose a skin (which has a skin preview to boot), performance settings or change sample banks.

Is there an interest in having these features as a seperate program?

Maybe, but the holding down keys is thing is silly.
The correct way is make a custom program that you present the user with a menu of presets.
this way, the original VDJ icon will just load as normal.

In the custom loader the user could set up how he wants VDJ configured...

1. Home > use internal soundcard, use skin 1 (for screen resolution x)
2. Club 1 > Use an external soundcard for TimeCode, sure skin 2 (for resolution x (ie the monitor you gig with)
3. etc.

geposted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 8:24 am
initially it would start out with

"Virtual DJ Basic" - vj's standard setting
"add profile" - opens up settings and saves settings as preset named ""
"delete profile" opens a list of all preset and allows the user to delete any preset

so, home, club 1, are exactly what i'm talking about

my guess is that everyone's going to have "home" and "pro dj" .. partymode. something like that.

thanks for the support everyone.

geposted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 11:41 am
Me personally I would like to be able to save the following profiles

BPM: This one's for when I first import new tracks. I have certain keyboard shortcuts for easily loading tracks, tapping out the bpm, and opening the bpm window. Plus the timecodes are deactivated and the output is "single" through my Macbook's built in speakers

Timecode: This setting would have the timecodes active, the Virtual Vinyl soundcard activated and the keyboard shortcuts I like when I'm spinning vinyl

Single Output Mode: This would be for when I'm using the internal mixer as I have certain special keyboard shortcuts for the crossfader and pitch. The audio would also be in 'single' mode (through the Macbook's headphone jack).

So these are just a couple of examples why different profiles would come in handy for me. It would save a lot of clicking in the config menu.

geposted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 5:30 pm
One other reason a profiles setting would be nice is you could have different banks of samples and their associated keyboard shortcuts for each profile. For example you could have your 'club' samples (air horn, siren, whistle etc.), and you could have a 'wedding' set of samples (drum roll, cymbal crash, applause, buzzer etc.). Each set of samples would load with the respective profile setting.

geposted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 4:08 pm
Good idea, would be good for copying your settings as a backup if you need to reinstall vdj for any reason.

geposted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 7:38 pm
*bump*

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 12:13 pm
Another reason why "PROFILES" would be usefull;

right now, if you want to 'move' your "Home Folder" (IE: where your filters and playlists are kept , etc etc), from the default 'My documents' to an external drive.
You have to go in and fiddle with the registry values.

It would be nice if you could 'set up' a 'PROFILE' that did this for you..
That way you get the advantages of all your info being on the external drive
BUT
if you don't have the external drive with you, (or something happens to the connection), you can quickly switch back to the "default" or "simple" profile!

does this make sense to anyone but me? LOL

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 12:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)