Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video Output Effects

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
let me just say i've moved this from another thread, as i think on hindsight it should have it's own post.

We have some great video transitions just now when moving from one deck to another, and if you want to keep that effect on screen you have to slightly manipulate the video fader, bit of a pain when you need to be concentrating on something else.

what i would like to see if it were possible to have a seperate tab call it say "video output" or "screen output" where we can use some of the transitions or other suggested screen effects used on the output to the screens from vdj, activated completely throughtout the video, here's sbdjs' squares as an example....

if we had bank of these effects we could also incorporate a random selector into them as well, i haven't heard of or seen a software that does this as yet so wouldn't it be great if vdj lead the field again in this sector.

now the only problem that may occur or not, is will there be any conflicts if both this and transitions were activated at the same time? certainly hope there won't be if this idea is looked at/implemented.

your thoughts guys on this idea....

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 8:20 am
I like the idea, even just for Scotts Squares plugin lol but can see how it would work easily for other plugins as well.
Colour filters
Watermarks on the whole output

Ideally right now if I could get a decent capture for my Mac, I would run the output of VDJ straight into Capture, through Arkaos and then to screens.

Would also be nice if there was some ether way of doing this that Arkaos would see like a DirectX Webcam...hmmm.

Ross

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 11:22 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You would need someone to write something that basically is a display driver and a virtual webcam, then pass the data between the two (probably transcoding as you go). Should be feasible; I've never written a display driver before though - would have to look through the driver development kit. It would likely be a massive undertaking - the display driver would have to support DirectX as well!

Tayla - porting these will be a piece of cake :)

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 11:51 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
good to hear it is possible, just have to wait now until the wish is granted, lol.

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 12:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)